Solved

Night train from Zurich to prague

• 2 April 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi All,

I’m new to this way of travelling and a bit confused about how I can reserve a night train from Zurich to Prague on May 10th 2023. There’s no availability on the interrail site but there is on other sites. How do I book this and can I use my global pass with these other companies? If I can, how do I go about this.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 2 April 2023, 16:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Use nightjet.com, cd.cz or tickets.oebb.at

They should all work.

Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can book reservations wherever you like. The Interrail website should be the last choice because of the extra fees and unreliability.

There are 2 night trains.

1. Zurich dep. 21:40 via Linz (Austria): book via cd.cz, using Interrail as a discount. It's actually only 1 through sleeper carriage, so no couchettes or seats unless you change in Linz very early in the morning.

However, for this particular date, the CD website doesn't show a through connection, so it may be that the one through sleeper carriage is not running. Ask CD by mail what's happening, they're usually quick at replying.

2. Zurich dep. 19:59 via Leipzig (Germany): book via tickets.oebb.at, using Interrail as a discount. Couchettes and sleepers are fully booked on that date, only seats available (running as EC 459).

Hi All,

I’m new to this way of travelling and a bit confused about how I can reserve a night train from Zurich to Prague on May 10th 2023. There’s no availability on the interrail site but there is on other sites. How do I book this and can I use my global pass with these other companies? If I can, how do I go about this.

Thanks

Thanks for taking the time to advise me. I really appreciate it. Very helpful

Use nightjet.com, cd.cz or tickets.oebb.at

They should all work.

Add Interrail/Eurail as a discount and select one-way tickets

Thanks so much for the support