Skip to main content
Solved

Night train Stockholm - Narvik

• 19 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I would like to book the night train on August 24th but that is not possible. It always just says that the train is temporarily available. Even if I look in June I get the same information. what's going on? Have somebody any Information here?

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There has been a freight train derailment on that line. As far as I know it is due to reopen in June. At that point tickets should be released.

https://www.vy.se/en/traffic-and-routes/traffic-info/vy-tag-traffic-info

Die Strecke ist aktuell für Reisezüge nach einer Entgleisung im Winter immer noch teilweise gesperrt. Nach derzeitiger Planung soll sie frühestens am 18. Juni wieder voll eröffnet werden - allerdings sind jetzt schon mehrere angekündigte Eröffnungsdaten wieder verschoben worden und das geht jetzt schon ein halbes Jahr.

Aktuell kann der Zug bis 30. Juli grundsätzlich gebucht werden. Es ist aber unsicher, ob der Nachtzug mit Schlaf- und Liegewagen weiter als bis Boden C fahren wird. Das liegt an der Versorgung der Schlaf- und Liegewagen. Man sieht das auch bei SJ - für viele Daten, die man schon sehen kann, sind beide Fälle hinterlegt. 

Aktuell ist es so, dass es einen Ersatzplan für jede Woche bis Juni gibt (mit ganz vielen Ausfalldaten). Das bleibt also spannend, was da gehen wird im Sommer…

Hier die immer noch aktuelle Meldung: Persontrafik på Malmbanan från 18 juni - www.trafikverket.se

Thanks for the Feedback. Then we will hope that the issue is fixed till this Summer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Vy is showing prices for this date but unfortunately SJ isn't. They're not ready yet to switch to the new reservation system.

To book a pass reservation, you can either wait for SJ to fix their system or call Vy.

Hallo zusammen,

leider vergehen die Wochen und es gibt keine News bzw Freigabe des Zuges.

Habt ihr evtl eine Neuigkeit?

Danke schonmal

Dear all,

this topic is not solved and I hope somebody have an update here.

our plan is to travel on 24.8 from Stockholm to Narvik and on 01.09 back to Stockholm.

But still I don’t see here the Direct Night train - Has anybody the same issue or a solution?

Thanks in advance for your support

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Right now it is on sale until 10th August. The only thing you can do is checking regularly…

Short notice releases are annoying but very frequent in Sweden…

Use the VY app for booking Interrail reservations. It works very well (when the train is on sale that is).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I guess that you just have to be patient.