Solved

Nightjet Amsterdam-Vienna for Oct'23 'nicht freigegeben' for booking Jun'23: does anyone know why?

• 20 June 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I wanted to book sleepers on the Nightjet from Amsterdam to Vienna (and back) in October '23 and thought I was late booking in June, but the booking site states that tickets are not available.

I called ÖBB and the attendant told me that the connections were not ‘freigegeben’ (open) and told me to try again in July. Does anyone know why that would be, normally you are supposed to be able to book the Nightjet up to 180 days in advance…

I now look each day whether the booking is open, but knowing the reason for it not being open I may know what I am waiting for and when to try to book.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 20 June 2023, 10:36

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sounds like the timetable is not final yet, most probably because of engineering works.

Badge +1

Sounds like the timetable is not final yet, most probably because of engineering works.

Thanks for your fast answer, Rian! Ah, I haven't thought of that. Then I will have to keep on trying. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

In those cases I would ask a question via social media to the ÖBB team, to estimate when this train will be open for booking. :)