Solved

Nightjet NJ 457 reservation problem

I am trying to book a ticket to go from Berlin Hbf to Berclav on June 24, 2023 at 18:52 with the global interrail pass. It lets me activate the ticket but not reserve a seat. It tells me that there are no seats available, but that with every day. I have searched several different websites that also offer this train but it still doesn't work. The train is the one in the title. If anyone can help me or tell me how I can do it or alternatives (which I have not found either) it would be a great favor. Thanks

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 May 2023, 20:04

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

It looks like the timetable between Berlin and Frankfurt(Oder) is not final yet and therefore you can't book from Berlin yet. You could either wait or book a reservation from Frankfurt(Oder). Since the price will be the same, it's no problem to board the train already in Berlin. You do need to check the final timetable. There could be engineering works causing the train to leave Berlin earlier. The best website to book is tickets.oebb.at; add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then select "One-way tickets”.

As to pass activation: there is no need to activate your pass yet; you can book reservations without activation. It’s best to deactivate it until shortly before you board your first train.

Hello, thank you very much I don't understand what you mean about Frankfurt. I have also seen schedules for a month from now and it does not appear. I am overwhelmed because I don't know what to do. I would like to get some advice because we already have the hotels and everything. Thank you very much for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hello, thank you very much I don't understand what you mean about Frankfurt. I have also seen schedules for a month from now and it does not appear.

What does not appear? Frankfurt(Oder) is a stop of this night train, the first stop after Berlin.

I am overwhelmed because I don't know what to do. I would like to get some advice because we already have the hotels and everything. Thank you very much for your help.

I gave advice: either wait until the train becomes bookable from Berlin, or book from Frankfurt(Oder). I'd do the latter.

I am trying to do what you said about Frankffurt but I have three problems:
1. It's two days of travel and I don't know how to change it in the application.
2. In the option there are 8 minutes to change trains at the Wien HBF station.
3. At the frankfurt station, although it is a stop on the train, it does not offer this train.
I don't know if you think it is feasible to wait or better to start thinking about alternatives. Thank you very much. And another question, is it sure that if I book the train from frankfurt I can take it directly from berlin? Can't I have any problems?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I am trying to do what you said about Frankffurt but I have three problems:
1. It's two days of travel and I don't know how to change it in the application.

A night train only uses one travel day, as long as you stay on the same train after midnight.

2. In the option there are 8 minutes to change trains at the Wien HBF station.

No, it is a direct night train from Berlin and Frankfurt(Oder) to Breclav, arrival time 04:10.

3. At the frankfurt station, although it is a stop on the train, it does not offer this train.

What is "it”? The rail planner app also shows this train as direct. If not, then check for updates. But you don't have to add it yet, you can wait until just before boarding the train.

I don't know if you think it is feasible to wait or better to start thinking about alternatives. Thank you very much. And another question, is it sure that if I book the train from frankfurt I can take it directly from berlin? Can't I have any problems?

That is very unlikely. As I said, the reservation price from Berlin is the same as from Frankfurt. I've read multiple reports from people who have also done this under similar circumstances. If you want, you can say to the coach attendant that the train was not bookable from Berlin, so you book from Frankfurt instead.

Thank you very much you are not aware of how much you are helping me. I told you Berclav because it is the transfer station to go to Budapest which is my destination. My intention is to go from berlin to budapest. Thanks to what you told me about OBB I found a direct train. The train is euronight 40457 but I am encountering the same problem, it won't let me take it in berlin. I have tried from frankfurt and I also get a ticket not available, what can I do? How bad an idea is it to wait for the schedules to come out?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you very much you are not aware of how much you are helping me. I told you Berclav because it is the transfer station to go to Budapest which is my destination. My intention is to go from berlin to budapest. Thanks to what you told me about OBB I found a direct train. The train is euronight 40457 but I am encountering the same problem, it won't let me take it in berlin. I have tried from frankfurt and I also get a ticket not available, what can I do? How bad an idea is it to wait for the schedules to come out?

You probably used "Seat reservation only” but that doesn't work for night trains. You have to add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then select "One-way tickets”.

I don't know how fast that train will be full. I'd just book from Frankfurt(Oder) and check the timetable a few days before the journey.

Thank you so much!

Hi, I was finally able to take the train with another friend. But the next day, the other three friends do not have the ticket available today. Do you know if there is any plausible explanation why the tickets are no longer available? Do you think there is any way for them to get them? I have used the OBB app but neither interrail nor this one let them. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It is available right now on tickets.oebb.at

But why didn't you book for all of your friends at the same time ? You surely won't be in the same compartment now

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi, I was finally able to take the train with another friend. But the next day, the other three friends do not have the ticket available today. Do you know if there is any plausible explanation why the tickets are no longer available? Do you think there is any way for them to get them? I have used the OBB app but neither interrail nor this one let them.

There are still seats and couchettes available from Frankfurt(Oder) to Budapest.

The most likely cause of "ticket not available” is using "Seat reservation only”. That does not work for night trains. You need to add the Interrail/Eurail discount and choose "One-way tickets”. It also works this way in the ÖBB app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It also works from Berlin now btw :)