Solved

nightjet private compartment

• 24 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Hello: I would like to book the entire deluxe sleeper compartment for me and my husband on NJ Milan to Salzburg. We don’t want anyone else in the compartment. How can I do this? The website isn’t clear. It prompts me to book a private cabin but then tells me others may be in the compartment. Thanks for your help. 
Kathy

icon

Best answer by Anonymous 27 October 2022, 14:41

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

With a pass or as signle ticket/booking? In fact with pass you have about zero chance.

As own booking you just have to try and accept less populair dates, as these comprtmts-the very, very few and in the very,very few trains that in fact have them are sold out before they even can get published. In the past they said: travel agents buy the lot and re-sell them for a much higher price.

THis looks like a new craze-especially the ´no one else´ as this was simply a given fact in the past in that glorious days when travelling in sleepertrains was as normal as flying.

IF you simply want it to have done ´for the experience´ I would advice to try-as single booking only.on RegioJet yellow trains that run from Praha eastward bound. A lot cheaper too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello: I would like to book the entire deluxe sleeper compartment for me and my husband on NJ Milan to Salzburg. We don’t want anyone else in the compartment. How can I do this? The website isn’t clear. It prompts me to book a private cabin but then tells me others may be in the compartment. Thanks for your help. 
Kathy

Which date? 

Usually you have to select a 2 adults and then the Double Sleeper then the website asks if you wanna travel together or separated :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

With a pass or as signle ticket/booking? In fact with pass you have about zero chance.

As own booking you just have to try and accept less populair dates, as these comprtmts-the very, very few and in the very,very few trains that in fact have them are sold out before they even can get published. In the past they said: travel agents buy the lot and re-sell them for a much higher price.

THis looks like a new craze-especially the ´no one else´ as this was simply a given fact in the past in that glorious days when travelling in sleepertrains was as normal as flying.

IF you simply want it to have done ´for the experience´ I would advice to try-as single booking only.on RegioJet yellow trains that run from Praha eastward bound. A lot cheaper too.

The extent to which you post utter garbage on this site is really astounding, do you not have any other hobbies?

You may well be more knowledgeable about European railways than most, including me, but it is also clear that you just make up xxx about this forum where unfamiliar posters will not know any better.

I suggest that you either improve the quality of your postings, both factually and by writing full comprehensible words and sentences or just find something else to occupy your spare time.

Just for context:

Sleeper compartments are widely available, I threw in a random date for the OP’s journey, less than a month from now and got availability in all couchette and sleeper compartments and combinations.

Moderator note: some words have been removed as the language go against the community guidelines.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Kathy

Use the website of OBB who run the Nightjet service, it is the best place to book these trains. https://shop.oebbtickets.at/en/ticket

Add in interrail/eurail as discount for 2 adults and then search.

Check the correct night train then on next page select “Comfort ticket incl Reservation” and it will give up the various options and prices that are still available.

If sleeper is available select compartment with 2 beds.

The check box to select male/female should disappear as this only prompts when sharing a cabin.

Price for the sample date I looked at was €148 for standard cabin or €188 for deluxe, all in for 2 with interrail discount,  prices can differ to some extent but if you are getting a big difference to that then you are probably not booking the correct  reservation.

If you have further questions please include date of travel, it is easier to help with precise travel plans.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Price for the sample date I looked at was €148 for standard cabin or €188 for deluxe, all in for 2 with interrail discount,  prices can differ to some extent but if you are getting a big difference to that then you are probably not booking the correct  reservation.

If you have further questions please include date of travel, it is easier to help with precise travel plans.

As far as I know, the Nightjet pass reservation prices are fixed and they do not vary on the same route.

@1831 Dear Customer, thank you for the question! You can find more information on the specifics of the accommodation on their website.
Please keep in mind that their website might show more options for that part of the journey as we at Eurail can only offer what is covered by the agreement with the specific train carriers.
If you click on the "How and when to book" link you will see if you can book the reservation through our self service tool (Book your reservations (eurail.com)) or you will be presented other options where you can finalise your booking.

I hope this information helps and please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Annie