Nightjet sleeper reservations Munich - Rome; what to do to book full cabin

• 17 June 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 14 replies

Hi Community,

My wife and I booked for first class sleeper (we are paying extra for our 50th wedding anniversary !) on the Nightjet sleeper from Munich to Rome. The Nightjet website shows only 3 one bed cabins available on this train, whereas Interrail Reservations shows only 4-berth first cabins can be reserved. We have to get this particular train as our whole holiday is booked around this journey. Therefore we paid 88euros for 2 tickets.

I have asked Interrail (by email) if I need to buy another 88 euros to secure the cabin for occupation by only my wife and me. I need a very quick reply as there are only the 3 cabins available and they may well be booked very soon. My email was sent 3 days ago and I have had no reply. I can understand a delay for routine enquiries but is there a method to contact Interrail for more urgent enquiries please ? Chatbot does not seem to work for me    

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi Community,

My wife and I booked for first class sleeper (we are paying extra for our 50th wedding anniversary !) on the Nightjet sleeper from Munich to Rome. The Nightjet website shows only 3 one bed cabins available on this train, whereas Interrail Reservations shows only 4-berth first cabins can be reserved. We have to get this particular train as our whole holiday is booked around this journey. Therefore we paid 88euros for 2 tickets.

I have asked Interrail (by email) if I need to buy another 88 euros to secure the cabin for occupation by only my wife and me. I need a very quick reply as there are only the 3 cabins available and they may well be booked very soon. My email was sent 3 days ago and I have had no reply. I can understand a delay for routine enquiries but is there a method to contact Interrail for more urgent enquiries please ? Chatbot does not seem to work for me    

Which date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There are NO 4-bed sleepers. Thats for Russian and broad gauge.

the private sleepers on these trains are very rare and are in high demand by people wanting a ´train treat´ so I am afraid you are far too late-the idea that cheap sells first is not true for this. 3-bed means separate sex. There are also a few reprots that on what looks like busy day OeBB has apparently got the gist and wont open to cheapo passholders when they can get the full amount easy enough

It is commonly known (among insiders) but often a great disappointment for passholders that many railways treat them as last resort.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are also a few reprots that on what looks like busy day OeBB has apparently got the gist and wont open to cheapo passholders when they can get the full amount easy enough

Which reports? You keep telling stories like these but I have yet to see any proof or even just indications that it could be true.