Solved

NightJet timetable change but what's changed??

• 7 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi

I think this is a simple query 😁about OBB NightJet timetable change.

Night Jet ticket as shown below.

There are four of us travelling, in 2 x “Sleeper cabin Comfort compartment … including WC”.

For the last week or so, I received an email on a daily basis from OBB (with email address Noreply.Reiseinfo-tickets@oebb.at), saying the following. I rely on google translate more than my German (which is none), which tells me a change of schedule.

The link “Jetzt …” is to 

https://fahrplan.oebb.at/webapp/?SID=O%3DHamburg Hbf%40&ZID=O%3DMünchen Hbf%40&date=22.02.2024&time=20:10&timeSel=1&returnTimeSel=1&journeyProducts=7167&start=1&language=de

That link does not help because the date and time are embedded, and the page shows time at and after the time 20:10.

If I click earlier time (I guess that’s what Fruher means), I get:

The above shows that the service that was at 20:10 no longer exists, in other words, NightJet 40491.

If I switch the web site to English language, and search for the same date and time, then 40491 is listed:

If I go to https://www.nightjet.com/ where I first bought the tickets, and searched there, that service is available: NJ 40491, 22nd Feb, 20:10.

Of all this, the “change” in the timetable is the arrival time 07:22, not 07:06. I’d be pleased if anyone would assure me my understanding is correct.

Thank you!

PS there is a separate question why fahrplan.oebb.at does not list the 20:10 nightjet unless I use the English version web site. But, so long 4 of us travel (sleep) without fail (and I don’t get roasted, when the journey is nearly 12 hours), all will be well.

David

icon

Best answer by Hektor 7 February 2024, 19:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The night train will arrive 16 min later than first planned and at München Ost (East station) rather than München Hbf (main station).

In fact to get to Hbf it is quicker to change in the middle of the night (don't do that!) so this is also the reason why it doesn't appear right away in ÖBB planner.

There are plenty of S-Bahn trains towards Hbf if you need to go there.

(Also I agree that ÖBB sends a bit too many emails...)

Of all this, the “change” in the timetable is the arrival time 07:22, not 07:06. I’d be pleased if anyone would assure me my understanding is correct.

Thank you!

PS there is a separate question why fahrplan.oebb.at does not list the 20:10 nightjet unless I use the English version web site. But, so long 4 of us travel (sleep) without fail (and I don’t get roasted, when the journey is nearly 12 hours), all will be well.

David

No, there’s a different arriving station. The train doesn’t stop at München Hbf (main station).

So it’s correct, the direct connection doesn’t exist anymore.

The result that you get when using the timetable is based on your settings. Normally, the system gets you the fastest connection. Of course this is no good idea when you’d like to get some sleep at night. But of course for an automated system, it’s logical to leave later and arrive earlier. Normally you’d get the nightjet anyway becausen normally it’s a direct connection - but that has changed. I assume you didn’t search in both languages for exactly the same station name (because I’d get the same result even in german).

Thanks so much thibcabe and Hektor. I am relieved! Will be ok to sort out the train into town.

Thanks so much thibcabe and Hektor. I am relieved! Will be ok to sort out the train into town.

There’s a train to the main station every two minutes at that time of day. Just hop on the next one.