Solved

Nighttrain Bratislava/Vienna/Graz/Maribor - Split for hhilppaa

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@hhilppaa  to keep the “How to get reservations” post clean i will answer here.

For which date are you looking?
Did you follow the Nighttrain reservation manual?

I just tried a booking for Friday the 15th July and iam able to reserve with the Interrail/Eurail discount how ever just one berth in a tripple sleeper compartment is left (the train is very popular especially during the Holidays in Slovakia& Austria)

icon

Best answer by seewulf 15 May 2022, 09:27

View original

5 replies

Hi, thanks for replying! I don’t have any specific day, I was just checking how the reservation works. On 15th of July I can reserve with Eurail discount, but is the price really 94 euros or have I done something wrong? I thought the ticket is included to the pass but I might have to pay from the reservation?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

This Nighttrain has very high reservation costs. The price is the reservation for Pass user. You can also look if a normal ticket is cheaper (like Sparschiene).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

This Nighttrain is “included” Austrian Rail and Slovakian Rail provide just a small discount with Eurail/Interrail as they operate this train on their own bill without any support from the Goverment.

You may take a daytrain to Zagreb from Maribor and catch in Zagreb the domestic Nighttrain to Split (a lot cheaper as the Nighttrain of OBB/ZSSK)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

OR check the yellow RegioHet train-comer from Praha, that also serves this-may offer more space and lower price-but will not accept passes.

OeBB also runs an overnight EN from Wien-2x/week.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

OR check the yellow RegioHet train-comer from Praha, that also serves this-may offer more space and lower price-but will not accept passes.

OeBB also runs an overnight EN from Wien-2x/week.

The Nighttrain from Vienna is the same that stops in Maribor ;)