Solved

Nighttrain Reservation Trouble Italia

• 8 May 2023
  • 8 replies

Hallo there,

maybe anyone here can help.

We try to book a seat reservation for Nighttrain from Palermo to Geneva. We are two Interrail-Travellers and want to book the Double Sleeper. The Interrail Reservation Service is not really a help here, but Italian Railway is not even better.

We wont be in Italy before, so we dont want to wait until we can ask there at a train station. Is der any other chance to book this Double Sleeper Reservation via Internet? We tried it today for several hours with no success. Even Italiarail is no help, they get things messed up with this specific train.

Thanks for any suggestion

Philipp

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 9 May 2023, 00:22

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

What train, what date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Try this link - it is a dedicated site for pass holders.

https://partners.italiarail.com/default?force_pass=true&aff=EURAIL&fbclid=IwAR1zG__8EtpSCsza3WI-eFahHfXJqmDhBLIZUyoO5qYeAc8t7fzjgBbTd5A

What train, what date?

Date: 17th June

Palermo: 12:35

Genova: 9:36

Thx for the link. It messes the connection up, like ItaliaRail that it charges twice. From Palermo to Messina and from Messina to Genova. So its no option :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no night train from Palermo to Geneva, but I suppose you mean Genova.

Italiarail cannot book that train correctly since it shows a change in Messina and therefore tries to sell 2 (!) couchette or sleeper reservations.

I see you live in Germany. Deutsche Bahn can book all Italian night trains at the ticket office or by phone (but not online).

There is no night train from Palermo to Geneva, but I suppose you mean Genova.

Italiarail cannot book that train correctly since it shows a change in Messina and therefore tries to sell 2 (!) couchette or sleeper reservations.

I see you live in Germany. Deutsche Bahn can book all Italian night trains at the ticket office or by phone (but not online).

Ah sorry, yes you are right, I mean Genova. i am already on my interrail trip and in East Europe, so I cannot go to the ticket office in Germany. But the idea to try it by phone is really good. I will try this.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Ah sorry, yes you are right, I mean Genova. i am already on my interrail trip and in East Europe, so I cannot go to the ticket office in Germany. But the idea to try it by phone is really good. I will try this.

In that case, try any ticket office that sells international reservations. I'm not sure if DB can send this reservation via email. Maybe ÖBB can (+43 5 1717). NMBS can, but their phone number is expensive.

In that case, try any ticket office that sells international reservations. I'm not sure if DB can send this reservation via email. Maybe ÖBB can (+43 5 1717). NMBS can, but their phone number is expensive.

Thank you very much! It was possible to book the reservation via Deutsche Bahn Phone Call (+49 30 2970). But it will be send via letter, so we have to figure out, where we can receive it (maybe at an camping site we’re visiting)

Thanks for everyone who helped!

Philipp