Solved

Nighttrain wien zurich

• 28 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello, 
I was wondering about a night train. Basically, I'd like to take the night train from Vienna to Zurich.

At first, with the interrail app, it said that you didn't have to reserve a seat for this night train, so I didn't. But I realized a short while ago that the train was now fully booked and that you couldn't reserve any more.
What's more, on a page of the interrail website, it said that you had to book for most of the trains. 
So I wanted to know if I could still get on board knowing that we could no longer book but that on the app it said we didn't have to book? 
Thanks for your help !  

icon

Best answer by Coco.12. 28 July 2023, 15:49

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Which date you want to travel, which train?

Which date you want to travel, which train?

August 26th 
The train runs from 11:27 p.m. to 8:20 a.m. 

It’s seems to be the EN 40462 Euro Night

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If you take the NJ466, dep 21:17, you can still book seats, couchette or sleeper. Same arrival time in Zürich.

Book via nightjet.com, like you would buy ordinary tickets. But! Add Interrail global pass under the passenger details as a discount.

If you take the NJ466, dep 21:17, you can still book seats, couchette or sleeper. Same arrival time in Zürich.

Book via nightjet.com, like you would buy ordinary tickets. But! Add Interrail global pass under the passenger details as a discount.

Thank you so much for your help, you've just saved my life ahah ! 
However, the train doesn't exist on the interrail application, so I added it manually, is that okay? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you so much for your help, you've just saved my life ahah ! 
However, the train doesn't exist on the interrail application, so I added it manually, is that okay? 

It exists (see the Stations in the app) but the app only shows the night train with the later departure, because it's faster. But since NJ466 has an extra stop in Attnang-Puchheim, you can use the filter to add this as a via station. But adding manually is also fine.