Solved

nix good rezervation eurostar!

• 1 December 2023
  • 8 replies

I can't book any train to london IT mărește me pay The whole ticket în full and i have interrail!Das ist normal??? 

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 1 December 2023, 22:24

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

What is your travel date ? 22nd December precisely ? Are you coming from somewhere ?

The Eurostar is a very popular route and there’s (unfortunately) a passholder quota on that route. Trains can sell out weeks in advance, especially around holidays.

I see you’ve checked B-Europe (good!). Let me have a look too. From Brussels :

2nd class : 07:56 train (22nd and 23rd December), 30€.

1st class (only with a 1st class pass) : pretty much all trains, 38€.

There are (a few) alternatives but they take much longer. For example :

• Flixbus Brussels - London 11:20 - 18:15 (50€). Earlier or later buses but more expensive

Or depending where you’re coming from that ferry is very convenient (30% discount with Interrail) :

• Rotterdam - Hoek van Holland subway (5€ contactless)
  • Stena Line Hoek van Holland - Harwich 14:15 - 19:45 or 22:00 - 06:30 63€ (+ cabin for the overnight crossing)
  • Harwich International - London Liverpool Street direct train (or via Manningtree)

In any case do not wait to book whichever option you choose (esp. Eurostar, it could sell out at any moment). The Channel is a big bottleneck unfortunately…

Questions welcome.

I go for austria The Time for 20:00 im en bruxelles 

23 decembrie 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Which trains exactly are you planning to take that day from Austria ? I’d try to head to Rotterdam and take the overnight ferry from there : 63€ ticket + 55€ cabin. Or use the Rail&Sail ticket (135€ total) and that way you don’t have to use a pass day the following morning. Have a look at : https://www.seat61.com/trains-and-routes/london-to-amsterdam-by-ferry.htm

Eurostar won’t be available to you unless :

• you buy a 189€ regular 2nd class ticket (or 178€ 1st class)
  • you exchange your pass to a 1st class one (price difference + 15€ fee) and get a 38€ reservation

I’ll have a look at Flixbus but I wouldn’t travel overnight unless you wish to. From Brussels :

• 21:55 - 04:50 90€ (70€ from Lille)
  • 23:25 - 06:45 110€

I would choose the ferry honestly.

Last thing : also possible to spend the night in Brussels or Lille (you should be able to find something cheap) and take Flixbus in the morning for 40€. 09:55 departure from Brussels, 11:35 from Lille and 17:20 arrival in London.

Ok thanks