Skip to main content
Solved

NJ235 Padova-Wien 08/02/2024

• 14 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hy everyone, 

i’m planning to travel from Padova to Bratislava on 2nd August. I’m going crazy trying to understand if the NJ235 from Padova to Wien is available, from different sites i sees different infromations:

• interrail.eu → from this site i have to change train in TARVISIO BOSCOVERDE, then it is direct to WIEN HBF

• shop.oebbtickets.at → i have to change train in Wr.Neustadt Hbf, but tickets are not available (WHY??)

• thetrainline.com → 3 different option, the last one is direct instead the other two have a change at Wiener Neustadt Hbf. On the right the translation is equal “timetable subject to change”

the train is in less than 2 months, i don’t know how to do

thank you very much

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

When in doubt, ALWAYS trust the information out of first hand, the website of the train operator of the train. In this case this is the ÖBB who has the best and most logical itinerary.

The first itinerary get’s a bit confused because the change in train numbers, but it’s actually the same train (last 3 numbers are the same).

The rail planner app usually shows the quickest option, while you just want to stay on the night train and enjoy your sleep.

Best reserve your couchette or sleeper asap. This is how you do it:

When in doubt, ALWAYS trust the information out of first hand, the website of the train operator of the train. In this case this is the ÖBB who has the best and most logical itinerary.

The first itinerary get’s a bit confused because the change in train numbers, but it’s actually the same train (last 3 numbers are the same).

The rail planner app usually shows the quickest option, while you just want to stay on the night train and enjoy your sleep.

Best reserve your couchette or sleeper asap. This is how you do it:

So i’ve to get two different tickets (i mean QR code) in the app? 

furthermore, if the previous answer is affermative, can i take two differnt train in my country (Italy) before reaching the border?

thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The train is direct of course, but can be booked yet for journeys after 29 July. Keep checking regularly.