Solved

NJ295 Munich-Genova in June'24

• 22 April 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, after several years of interrailing here comes the time to ask for help 😵 I’m trying to book a night train (apparently NJ295) from Munich to Genova departing on June 19th, 8:10pm. Does anyone have confirmed information about railworks or any other reason why this train wouldn’t go? It’s not visible anywhere except OBB (not even in Eurail booking system), however there it’s with a very disturbing notification “Please note-timetable subject to change”. Now, I’m not sure whether to risk and book it, or is it very unlikely it will actually go? Any insights, please?

icon

Best answer by ralderton 22 April 2024, 17:21

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I don’t have any insight into the track works, but the terms allow you to cancel if the time change is > 60 minutes.

The following cancellation conditions apply: in the event of a change of more than 60 minutes, a refund is also possible and free of charge for a Sparschiene saver ticket on night trains (e.g. Nightjet) until 15 days, and on day trains until 4 days before the first day of validity. Cancellation is not possible if an Online Ticket has already been collected (downloaded) as a pdf.

My reading of that is that there’s no reason to suspect it won’t go, but that it might take a slower route.

As long as you can cope with a 60 minute variation, then go for it. (I assume the times will be firmed up more than 15 days out.)

Userlevel 2
Badge

There are a lot of engineering works around Germany at the moment. In this case you can just book it, no problem. If you do get a large timetable change then you can just cancel your ticket if it doesn’t work out.