Solved

No available trains to Stockholm

• 3 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello! I've been trying to find 5 tickets from Goteborg/Malmo (both in Sweden) to Stockholm on the days Thursday 4th and Friday 5th, but it seems there aren't ANY trains available. Plus, it appears the message below while trying to book. I know it is too close to the date of the journey, but it feels odd to me the complete lack of journeys. Any ideas or clues? Thank you in advance

icon

Best answer by mcadv 3 August 2022, 13:26

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You need to find trains without mandatory reservation. Do you want to travel from Malmö or Gothenburg? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I just read in other post there are WORKS that weekend along a part of the direct Malm-STo line- (somewhere near Hässleholm)-so maybe the planner cannot handle that.

The only way on UN-RES toget =is quite roundabout-via Blekinge/east coast (Karlstad? Kalmar?) then by tiny local toget (KrÖsa) till some stop where it links into the main line-and use locals till Linköping or so (I have no Svensk map here at hand-so check yourself.

Or check how it answers if you try the outer ends around the works

Thanks! In the end I went to a swedish station and talked with the staff there. It seemed (probably due to the works on the railroads) all non-reservation tickets had already been sold. We had to pay a reservation, but we managed to get to Stockholm and it wasn't that expensive.

Thank you however for your help!