Solved

No confirmation of seat reservations

• 18 November 2022
  • 6 replies

My husband and I have purchased 3 month global passes online.  We have successfully made our first trip reservations for 14/12/2022 from London St Pancras to Brussels-Centraal but we are having trouble with seat reservations. 

We have attempted to purchase the seat reservations 5 or more times in the past 18 hours.  It accepts our cc info and we wait 30 minutes but no confirmation email is received.  Sometimes when we go back to start over (but not always), the seat reservations are sitting in our cart again.  We have tried making the seat reservations via the eurail website and the eurail app.  So far we don’t see any of the seat reservation charges on our credit card.

We have also sent this question to eurail but reply said it could be two days or more.

Help!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 19 November 2022, 09:02

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Reservations for where and when?

Eurostar reservations can be made from b-europe instead of eurail.

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

using this for pass cover number

Other sources of reservations are explained in this thread:

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you have questions after checking the "How to get reservations” thread, then please specify route, date and departure time of the trains you'd like to book. Without specifics, it's very difficult to offer help.

Thank you for the replies.  As I specified in my original post, we have ticket reserved (but not seats) for Dec 14 from London St. Pancras to Brussels-Centraal.  The train departs at 12:20 PM, ES9132 Eurostar.

We followed the directions in “how to get reservations”.  We prefer to stick with the Eurail website for making all our reservations and seat reservations if at all possible.

Everything works reasonable intuitively from a standpoint of making the route and time selection, entering our credit card, and completing the transaction.  But then we don’t receive a confirmation email. This seems like a computer glitch but as this is our first time making seat reservations perhaps there is a trick we haven’t learned that someone can share.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no train leaving London for Brussels at 12.20 on the 14th of December, at least no train with pass holder seats left. There is a train at 12.55.

I checked availability for 2 persons with 2nd class passes.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank you for the replies.  As I specified in my original post, we have ticket reserved (but not seats) for Dec 14 from London St. Pancras to Brussels-Centraal.  The train departs at 12:20 PM, ES9132 Eurostar.

If you mean you activated a travel day and added the journey to your pass in the app: that does not book/reserve anything. It's just the digital equivalent of writing a journey on the trip report of a paper pass. It's not needed to book a reservation and is best only done just before boarding.

We followed the directions in “how to get reservations”.  We prefer to stick with the Eurail website for making all our reservations and seat reservations if at all possible.

The Eurail website is often more expensive and often has problems of various kinds.

Everything works reasonable intuitively from a standpoint of making the route and time selection, entering our credit card, and completing the transaction.  But then we don’t receive a confirmation email.

After payment, there should be an email.

Has money been transferred from your credit card?

Is the reservation visible in your Eurail account, in the Reservations Overview?

The problem was resolved by Eurail customer service who directed us to the b-europe.com web site to reserve our tickets.  We have our journey booked and our seats reserved.  Thank you for your replies.