Solved

no connection on 10 of may from barcelona to paris

• 23 April 2024
  • 2 replies

we want to travel from barcelona to paris on may 10th. There is no other option because the hotel has been booked in Paris and we have to leave Barelona. It now appears that there is work on a section of the route for Lyon (in France) on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I have tried everything now but cannot find a way to get to Paris on that day. Anyone who has experience with this and knows a solution? my gratitude is great

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 23 April 2024, 17:15

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The Perpignan - Nîmes railway is closed over the Ascension weekend and SNCF has no intention to put replacement buses it seems.

I'd suggest getting a Flixbus to Montpellier or Nîmes and then continuing by train.

Definitely book as soon as possible as it's a busy holiday weekend. I'll write a few options below:

Option 1:

- Flixbus Barcelona - Montpellier (Sabines) 07:45 - 12:25

- tram and bus shuttle to the station outside the city

- TGV Montpellier Sud de France - Paris Gare de Lyon 14:07 - 17:18 20€ pp

Option 2:

- any Flixbus to Montpellier

- tram to the center and enjoy the city a bit

- tram/bus shuttle to the high-speed train station in the suburbs

- TGV Montpellier Sud de France 20:04 - 23:18 10€ pp

Option 3 (slow but fully by train):

- R Barcelona-Sants - Latour de Carol 06:01 - 09:23

- but then I can't figure out if Latour - Toulouse runs + it would still mean a bus.

I'd choose option 1 or 2.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

As a heads-up I've contacted LiO (the transportation authority of the region) and they answered that they'll (finally!) publish a works timetable tomorrow.

I still expect capacity to be fairly limited so I'd get a Flixbus or Blablablacar for peace of mind