Solved

No e-ticket option

Trying to book train from Budapest to Prague on 30th June and is only offering me a paper ticket which will be sent out to me, but delivery isn’t until 22nd June and I leave for my trip on 13th June - is there a way to get the Budapest to Prague ticket as an e-ticket? 
Same thing happening for Lesce Bled to Budapest on 26th June too

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 June 2022, 11:22

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No, not for ONLY REServ-which I assume you use as you post here.

The answer is daft simple and in existence all the 50 yrs this pass exist; go to counter/INTERn in Bp on arrival and have them handle it for you.

If you cannot bear the utmost fear of ´full trains (nonsense in general) then you have to adapt to be flexible with a pass.

There is NO direct train LBled-Bp, and the normal daytime trains do not have MAndatory=only optional REServ. Same applies for daytime trains Bp->Prahy

The problem is with Wien to Budapest, so you’re saying it will be ok to just get the ticket on the day? And the same for Budapest to Prague? Even if it’s the overnighy train

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can probably get PDF reservations via cd.cz or ÖBB. For which trains exactly (please specify departure times).

Wien to Budapest at 13.42

and 

Budapest to Prague at 19.40 (overnight train)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Wien to Budapest at 13.42

Reservation is optional but can be done for 3€ via ÖBB (with the "Seat only” option).

Budapest to Prague at 19.40 (overnight train)

Can be booked via cd.cz. Look for the connection and then click on "I want a reservation only”. There are couchettes and sleepers; it looks like there are no direct seating coaches.