Solved

No Eurostar (Paris) all of next week?

• 17 June 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

There’s absolutly not Eurostar pass seats available the whole of next week … I know there’s a limited number of seats but is that a common occurence? (I’ve never had to reserve so late before) Could seats become available last minute? (I also checked b-europe)

😨

I’m flexible with the days that week but it’s not like I can change my trip, I’m going home!

I’ve been trying to reserve that leg for a while, having a nightmare with the interail reservation system (then I had to wait because of the strikes in UK and new timetables).

I was already regretting getting a pass for that trip for other reasons but now it’s even worth  if I have to purchase a normal ticket 😫

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 17 June 2022, 09:44

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Pass holder seats on popular departures and during vacation time on the Eurostar sell out weeks and even months in advance.

From London to Paris the first available pass holder seat is in the evening of the 2nd of July.

You could check the train from London to Brussels. Normally the demand on that train is lower.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Pass holder seats on popular departures and during vacation time on the Eurostar sell out weeks and even months in advance.

From London to Paris the first available pass holder seat is in the evening of the 2nd of July.

You could check the train from London to Brussels. Normally the demand on that train is lower.

I might try Rennes- Lille-London-Edinburgh (I need to do all this in one day) and if not just bite it and get a eurostar ticket.

Didn’t event think of holidays as I’m working 😋

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Or check just till Lille (most Eurostar to Brussels stop there) from Lille it´s a bit faster and cheaper to Paris :)

Userlevel 1
Badge

Or check just till Lille (most Eurostar to Brussels stop there) from Lille it´s a bit faster and cheaper to Paris :)

Thank you, yes that’s what I will do :) 

Good thing I have free accommodation as between the strikes and seats not available on certain days, I will have to extend my stay by a few days. And good thing I can work remotely.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

1.there are various strikes-also in GB-which also makes trains day fore/after much busier

2.TLS has serious problems with its trains-faults and staff+parts shortage means many trains are cancelled. Even a lot of its valued bisnis people are inconvenienced without recourse.