Solved

No information in OBB seat reservation

• 10 October 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi everyone,

I recently made a seat reservation for Venice to Salzburg (via Villach) for the 22nd of December, and I thought I had done everything right, costing the 10 euro fee etc. I found it a bit odd that it didn’t require any information. Once I downloaded the pdf, I realised there was absolutely no information on it at all? As in the time, stations, the whole rail journey is missing? I’m assuming this makes the ticket not valid. 

Is there anyone I could contact to fix this?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Al_G 10 October 2022, 05:09

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That isn’t a reservation, it is the €10 pass surcharge that is applicable to these Italy - Austria trains. It would have been an additional €3 for a seat reservation as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

If you would have done the reservation via DB or CD then the seat reservation would have been included in the 10 euro fee. 
Strangely with ÖBB it is not… during time before Christmas a reservation is highly advisable.

Edit: the relevant information is written on the top of the sheet - it is valid for the railjet trains 130/131/132/133 on 22.12.22

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi a question @Nova22 where did you buy this? Directly via ÖBB or via interrail.eu?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi a question @Nova22 where did you buy this? Directly via ÖBB or via interrail.eu?

If it costed 10 euro I suppose it was via ÖBB? Because EURAIL usually takes a 2 euro booking fee

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi a question @Nova22 where did you buy this? Directly via ÖBB or via interrail.eu?

If it costed 10 euro I suppose it was via ÖBB? Because EURAIL usually takes a 2 euro booking fee

Yes, because via Interrail/Eurail if you take the trains via Brenner/o you get the reservation for free, because they book there via SNCB/NMBS.

Only ÖBB asks to pay extra.

The question was if via Tarvisio Interrail.eu sells via ÖBB or via SNCB/NMBS.

Hi everyone, thanks for the responses!

Yes I bought it directly through OBB.

If you would have done the reservation via DB or CD then the seat reservation would have been included in the 10 euro fee. 
Strangely with ÖBB it is not… during time before Christmas a reservation is highly advisable.

Edit: the relevant information is written on the top of the sheet - it is valid for the railjet trains 130/131/132/133 on 22.12.22

Does this mean that this covers the supplement charge? Or do you think if I’m on the train they will ask me to pay? I just want to be prepared :)

I think I have managed to get a seat reservation, thanks for the suggestion!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Does this mean that this covers the supplement charge? Or do you think if I’m on the train they will ask me to pay? I just want to be prepared :)

Thanks for the feedback!
No, that’s the supplement what you’ve shown above. So if you present this on board together with your Interrail pass, then everything will be fine :)

Did you pay extra for the seat reservation or how did you get it?

Thanks for the feedback!
No, that’s the supplement what you’ve shown above. So if you present this on board together with your Interrail pass, then everything will be fine :)

Did you pay extra for the seat reservation or how did you get it?

Yes I paid extra for the seat reservation, and that has all the right information.

Thanks so much for your help.