Solved

No Night train Italy to Germany in July. Why?

• 11 June 2022
  • 8 replies

Hi

i am trying to book a night train from Rome to Munich but apparently there are no night train from Italy to Germany in July.. I can only find them from July 31

I went to the train station and they also didn’t know the problem…

somebody has an idea of the problem?

thanks!! 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 11 June 2022, 18:36

View original

8 replies

Because of track maintainance in Italy (Udine to Tarvisio) only the night train from Venezia to München is running in July.  

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi

i am trying to book a night train from Rome to Munich but apparently there are no night train from Italy to Germany in July.. I can only find them from July 31

I went to the train station and they also didn’t know the problem…

somebody has an idea of the problem?

thanks!! 

Hello,

If I'm not mistaken, works are planned. I'm trying to find the information.

The website states that this train does not run in the month of July. But no further info why.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Because of a track closure in Italy (Udine to Tarvisio) only the night train from Venezia to München is running in July.  

@Raissa050607 

as Hektor said there are trackworks  in Italy this train won´t run in July only the Nighttrain Venice - Munich/Vienna is in operation as tis train will be diverted via Slovenia. Becaue of that the Nighttrain starts earlier in Venice on the way to Munich / Vienna and arrive later in Venice in the diffrent direction.

Thanks!!

Hi

i went to the train station to buy Munich Rome fro Aug 6th 

it is not possible to buy them… the lady didn’t have any idea of the reasons… maybe because tomorrow they change to the summer timetable… 

very disappointing as I bought the passes thinking of travelling at night with the kids 

Do you have any idea of the reason?

thanks!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi

i went to the train station to buy Munich Rome fro Aug 6th 

it is not possible to buy them… the lady didn’t have any idea of the reasons… maybe because tomorrow they change to the summer timetable… 

very disappointing as I bought the passes thinking of travelling at night with the kids 

Do you have any idea of the reason?

thanks!!!

For the 6th August i can only reserve seats. Looks like on that day there are elsewhere construction works. Because of that no Sleeper / Couchette carriage from Munich.

The Vienna - Rome Nighttrain offer sleeper carriages on that day. Maybe take first a train from Munich to Vienna or to Leoben HBF to catch the Nighttrain to Rome.

Thanks you are very kind.

do you know if there is a way from Italy to buy online sleepers or couchette? 
from the app it says I have to go to the train station…

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Thanks you are very kind.

do you know if there is a way from Italy to buy online sleepers or couchette? 
from the app it says I have to go to the train station…

thanks 

Yes :) It´s possible via oebb.at by following these steps