Solved

No priceresults available for Muenchen HBF- Venezia S. Lucia

• 8 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Hii I want to book a train from MUENCHEN HBF to VENEZIA S.LUCIA, but the interrail sites says that there is no priceresult available. But my friend, whom I am traveling with, just booked this train.. What can we do??

icon

Best answer by EdM 8 July 2021, 16:39

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Luna,

Try at oebb.at/en.

Here’s a quick step-by-step:

1. Fill out the journey, date and departure time, then click “Book Ticket.
  2. Click “one way tickets and day tickets”.
  3. In the “Who is Going?” box to the right, click “change”.
  4. Click “Add discount”.
  5. In the “Find discount” search box, type “int” and click “Interrail/Eurail globalpass”.
  6. At the bottom of that selection box, click “confirm”.
  7. At the top-right-hand corner of the screen, click “Next”.
  8. Underneath the bar of dates, click “Set more filters”, then “only direct trains”, then “Confirm”.
  9. Scroll down to see the one daily direct train linking Munich and Venice, and click on it.
  10. The €10 displayed is a required surcharge and not a seat reservation, which is still optional. You can choose to add a reservation for €3 if you like, and you can upgrade to 1st class for €5 if you have a 1st class pass.

If you don’t want to pay these quite expensive extra fees, you can take this train (or one of the other Munich-Bologna ones) only as far as the Brenner Pass, then change to a regional train to Verona and another on to Venice. These trains are displayed as reservation-free on the Interrail timetable, but there may be temporary obligatory reservations on some (but not all) of them for the remainder of the pandemic, in which case €3 will be charged for each. You can confirm whether or not this is the case by looking up these trains at trenitalia.com, searching in the timetable, and clicking on the small grey circle marked “i”, which will either tell you that reservations are required “Prenotabile”, or that they are not “Non-Prenotabile”.

Hope this helps, good luck!