Solved

No reservation possible from Stockholm to Narvik NT94

• 25 February 2023
  • 36 replies

Hello
After having purchased my interrail ticket, I am trying to reserve a seat from 

-Hamburg to Stockholm and
-Stockholm to Narvik

Currently it is not possible for the 5-6 of August 2023. I also tried earlier but do not get the option to purchase a place in sleeping car of even a normal seat?

Any hint most welcome!
Yvan

icon

Best answer by BrendanDB 26 February 2023, 13:42

View original

36 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Sure you can book a couchette or a sleeper. Book on sj.se, add Interrail as your discount card and you'll get a choice:

For August you'll have to wait though.

Hello

That sounds great thanks.

Now I have a login on sj.se, but I am not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code??? 
I contacted sj.se customer support and they sent my back to Interrail app planner for the reservation :-(
Do you have evidence that it works on sj.se to book a sleeping car with the Interrail Promo code? 

Thanks so much!

Yvan

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Now I have a login on sj.se, but I am not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code???

You don't need a login on sj.se to book.

What do you mean by "not able to enter the Interrail Pass nbr as Promo code”? What are you trying to enter and what happens then?

IIRC sj.se is quite happy to accept any number, although I usually enter I11111111. It's not printed on the reservation.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I have made several Interrail reservations at sj.se without problem. Just use I11111111 as the pass number.

The night train to Narvik is run by VY and they release the tickets about 90 days in advance. SJ has currently released their tickets until the 28th of May, but due to uncertainty regarding construction works during some periods, up to 40 % of the reservations during those periods are not released yet.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You need to add the Interrail/Eurail as a discount under passenger details! 

A quick guide with some screenshots when you go reserve places for pass holders ob sj.se (for when the booking is opened, now it is too early for August like @AnnaB said).

I have made several Interrail reservations at sj.se without problem. Just use I11111111 as the pass number.

The night train to Narvik is run by VY and they release the tickets about 90 days in advance. SJ has currently released their tickets until the 28th of May, but due to uncertainty regarding construction works during some periods, up to 40 % of the reservations during those periods are not released yet.

any idea when it will be available for the period of 4/5/6 june ? Thx :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

any idea when it will be available for the period of 4/5/6 june ? Thx :)

No, but I have sent an email to VY customer support and asked.

The days passes but still nothing opens for the first 2 weeks of june.

How risky is it to keep waiting for tickets to open for those date? How close to the departure date is it safe to wait to book the ticket ?

I need to book 1 sleeping compartiment for the 05th june. 

Ideally I would take the 18:10 direct train but it’s not available yet. I see that the 21:56 with a stop is available for that date but that’s definitly not my first choice.

In the faq I see that they speak that the ticket might only be release a few weeks in advance…. but it’s getting frustratign (and boring) to keep checking every day if the tickets are their or not :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The beginning of June is still more than 2 months away so there's still time left. As comfort, no-one else can make the reservations either, so if you check every other day if the reservations are possible, you will most likely get a reservation. 

Badge +2

I’m also waiting to buy these tickets for Stockholm to Narvik.

As already noted, the non-direct train is available already and can be bought with Interrail on sk and trainplanet website. 

Does anyone know the details for cancellation of tickets on these sites? I would be buying a compartment supplement for an existing Interrail. This shows as “refundable” but I can’t find the terms that say this is definitely 100% refundable, no fee etc. 

I am thinking of booking this so I at least have something planned - then if and when the direct NT94 tickets open up I would cancel the other one. 

I’m also waiting to buy these tickets for Stockholm to Narvik.

As already noted, the non-direct train is available already and can be bought with Interrail on sk and trainplanet website. 

Does anyone know the details for cancellation of tickets on these sites? I would be buying a compartment supplement for an existing Interrail. This shows as “refundable” but I can’t find the terms that say this is definitely 100% refundable, no fee etc. 

I am thinking of booking this so I at least have something planned - then if and when the direct NT94 tickets open up I would cancel the other one. 

I’m not sure it’s the best solution. I was considering doing that as well but i think the booking fee will be lost… not sure I didn’t really get a clear answer from SJ.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The non refundable booking fee is 10 SEK of the 265 SEK that you pay for a couchette and a seat from Stockholm to Narvik. 

Hi,

For several days I have been looking forward to the Stockholm - Narvik trip for August 9th.
On the sj.se website it is indicated as sold out (only on the 9th and 10th, before it is available and after it is not available...) whereas on the vy.se website it is indicated as “Purchase not available”.
I contacted them but didn't get any clear information...
Do you know where I can get more information? Is it possible that this route will not be offered at all for this date? I would like to book the accommodation that is going quickly as well as the rest of my trip but it doesn't really reassure me…

Thanks for you help.

Amélie

Hi,

For several days I have been looking forward to the Stockholm - Narvik trip for August 9th.
On the sj.se website it is indicated as sold out (only on the 9th and 10th, before it is available and after it is not available...) whereas on the vy.se website it is indicated as “Purchase not available”.
I contacted them but didn't get any clear information...
Do you know where I can get more information? Is it possible that this route will not be offered at all for this date? I would like to book the accommodation that is going quickly as well as the rest of my trip but it doesn't really reassure me…

Thanks for you help.

Amélie

I’ve contacted them via Twitter (SJ and Vy) both did reply fast ..but didn’t really have an answer to my question ;)

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I’m trying to book this route also, and the reservations not being available really is bugging, but I guess there’s not a lot to be done until the infrastructure people confirm/deny whether there will be track work on the dates I’m interested in.

While SJ will sell me the later train on that day with a change in Boden in the morning, it looks like VY won’t sell the same tickets even though (as far as I can tell) they run both trains.  Very confusing.

I’m flying in to Narvik/Evenes so I’m sorted, but this is for someone else who will be on the trip.  Even though we would far prefer to do it by rail I think the logistics may just prove too much.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@zagmund AnnaB advised you 3 days ago to book the night train via Boden because it is refundable

“As the reservation with Interrail at sj.se is refundable, except for the booking fee of 10-20 SEK, you can always change the booking later if the direct train becomes available.”

As far as I know VY doesn’t sell those tickets but entur.no (call or chat) might.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

@thibcabe Thanks - I remember that.  My post here was related to why VY won’t sell the ticket when they are running the train.

Badge +2

Has anyone seen any further update on these direct Narvik to Stockholm night trains? 

I am booked on the alternative connecting service, but keeping checking for the much better timed direct train. I am looking for the first week of June, and I now see that tickets are selling for the first part of May, and for odd dates later in June and onwards. Perhaps this means that the train will actually not run at that time?

Hey so I was looking at some other routes ad got this message on their website that tickets will be released no later than the middle than the month before departure.

So I guess we have to check back in a couple of weeks for those tickets in June. I have now booked the train with the change but I would much rather take the direct train from Narvik to Stockholm.

Hey so I was looking at some other routes ad got this message on their website that tickets will be released no later than the middle than the month before departure.

So I guess we have to check back in a couple of weeks for those tickets in June. I have now booked the train with the change but I would much rather take the direct train from Narvik to Stockholm.

Great info! So I’m still hopeful I will get the direct train instead of the back-up.

Swedish railway is testing our patience… ;) 

Hi everyone,

This Stockholm-Narvik ticket is getting me stressed out a little...

The day passes and no direct ticket are released for date after 20 may…. I’ve sent again a mail but still the same answer: They cannot say anything because the Swedish Transport Administration is not giving them answer whether work are planned or not .

For the expert one on the subject, here is my concern:

If there is work planned on the 5th june and the direct train of 6PM is not running, will it affect the train at 9PM?  

I have bought ticket for the train of 9PM as a back up. But can I be sure it will run on that day ??

And even if there is not work planned, I guess they will not open the sale for train at last minute? Or will they run an almost empty train ?

Thanks for your help ;)

Like others on this thread, I’m looking to book a reservation on this service (albeit from Narvik to Stockholm) without a lot of success thus far. 

Does anyone know when reservations for 24 August will likely go on sale? Or is it a case of stalking the sj.se site, as I have been doing for the last few weeks?

Badge +2

Like others on this thread, I’m looking to book a reservation on this service (albeit from Narvik to Stockholm) without a lot of success thus far. 

Does anyone know when reservations for 24 August will likely go on sale? Or is it a case of stalking the sj.se site, as I have been doing for the last few weeks?

I don’t know how helpful it is, but in my case the reservations for the direct train opened up just two weeks before departure.

This was for next week - they suddenly appeared for 9th June onwards just over a week ago. I grabbed one for the 9th, but the train ended up showing fully booked after just over a day. 

I don’t know how helpful it is, but in my case the reservations for the direct train opened up just two weeks before departure.

This was for next week - they suddenly appeared for 9th June onwards just over a week ago. I grabbed one for the 9th, but the train ended up showing fully booked after just over a day. 

Ugh. Two weeks’ notice is awful. Thanks for the info though.

What’s most odd (I’m sure you’ve experienced this too) is dates the week before and after the date I want to book have been showing as available for ages. I asked SJ and VY on Twitter a few days ago, but haven’t had a response yet. 

As others have said above, this situation is crackers.

Badge +2

Yes, I found the same. As far as I can see, they never opened up for dates just before 9th (and train is now not showing in timetable), so I guess for some days it just won’t run at all. 

As others have said, book for the connecting train and can cancel it later. Trainplanet charges  just10sek for this I think - for interrai/eurail reservations.