No reservations available; France- Spain - France - Switzerland- Italy

Hello!

im planning to drive through France to Spain and back to France and Switzerland and Italy. The problem is that pretty much every train needs a seat reservation and at the moment all of my trains are basically booked out? I don’t know if there is a problem with the system or if it’s true .

Is there any way I still can get a ticket- or the seat reservation?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

If you give your travel plans in detail: departure date, time and route, you will get advice here on how to make reservations. 

Can I just write my planned trains 🚊here ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes. There are people here who can give you recommendations where to make the reservations. The Interrail/Eurail website is not the best place to make reservations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The major prob is the system that SNCF= the FR OeBB has for its TGV : each train (they say, but I suspect some very busy trains do not have it) has a QUOTA for passholders-then its 10€. If this is taken as long as there are seats its 20-untill train fully booked. THe EUrail app canNOT handle the 20 and then says its full. You can call SNCF.

YOu do not really need to worry monthes ahead for full trians-but most here do not quite understand the difference  between the INland trains and in fact mean INTERNational-thats another thing-cost a lot more and ios harder to do.

In many cases for In FR its possible to use local=TERtrains without even any need or chance to REServe. It will take longer the trip.

In ESpana its indeed much harder-has to be done in person at counter-and DO expect many full trains (completo) in main summer-ESpana is simply flooded too much with pass-riders and they all want the very same trenes and seem unable to improvise nowadays. It is also much harder to avoid it by using regional trains-as these simply are not there.