Solved

No seat reservation for 3 year old?

We are traveling with three children next month, two of them have their own interrail global pass, but our 3 year old is too young for his own pass.  But he's a little too heavy to be sitting on my lap for hours, so I wanted to include him in our seat reservation (ICE, Germany to France). I was told that wouldn't be possible unless I purchased a seperate ticket for him, at full price. 

I can't believe there's no way around this, or surely Interrail would have an option to add a toddler pass or something like that?

Has anyone else had this problem?

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 8 June 2022, 15:14

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Have you asked customer service?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is indeed the general rule-also in fact in what I assume is your own country, GB.

It all differs per country/system how they go along with it. Also contrary to what most here seem to think (also not that much different from most traintrips in GB) not all seats are always taken all the time.

I do not thoink service can do very much about this-all the 100+ railways set their own guidleines. AND again: well over 90% of all trains is not even possible to REServe-again just like in your GB-its just that anyone seems exactly to want to use those trains with REserv & all that

Thank you! Yes I have contacted customer service, but I already see myself traveling with my son bouncing on my knees for five hours lol..

Btw I live in Germany, I just wrote in English because I thought that was what all do (and most would understand) on this forum :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The information on the Interrail website is very clear. If you want to make a seat reservation for a child under 4, the child needs its own pass.

But there's no option to order a pass for a child under 4?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

A child's pass is always age 4-11 no matter the age of the child. 

Oh okay thanks I didn't know I could just select that option regardless of his age!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope that Customer Service can fix another child’s pass for you soon.