Solved

No seats available for France and Spain

• 24 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Here is my situation:

I bought my Global Pass for 4 days for the 2nd class seats. 
I planned out my trip in the app with all of the trains that I would need. None of the trains show available seats and are all sold out. 

Is it possible to pay an extra fee for 1st class tickets to still get on the trains with my 2nd class ticket? I don’t mind changing my pass for a 1st class pass.

This is my planning:

Amsterdam to Paris on the 4th of August

Paris to Barcelona on the 7th of August

Barcelona to Paris on the 13th of August

Paris to Amsterdam on the 14the of August 

Thank you for your help in advance! 

icon

Best answer by Al_G 25 July 2022, 00:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Have you priced just buying those trips without a pass? They are all trains with quotas and/or high reservation fees for passholders.

If you want 1st class then a swap for the pass is going to be the only realistic option.

There are alternatives to the direct trains that are likely to have spaces with cheaper reservations, I am sick of doing research for people who don’t even have the courtesy to add a simple thanks so ask if you want details.

Have you priced just buying those trips without a pass? They are all trains with quotas and/or high reservation fees for passholders.

If you want 1st class then a swap for the pass is going to be the only realistic option.

There are alternatives to the direct trains that are likely to have spaces with cheaper reservations, I am sick of doing research for people who don’t even have the courtesy to add a simple thanks so ask if you want details.

Thank you for your reply! 

I payed €185 for a Global Pass. Traveling 4 days in one month. The additional fees for the seat reservations are the ones I tried to book but all of them were sold out. 

Can I check if there are seats available for all of the trains in 1st class? Otherwise I’ll be changing my pass for no reason. 

The trains listed in my question are only direct ones. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

First thing: the app is no good for planning or buying reservations, the summary prices are only theoretical.

Amsterdam - Paris can be checked and booked https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#Inbound using a pass cover number

Direct Paris - Barcelona trains can only be booked online from Interrail https://www.interrail.eu/en/book-reservations but they have to post them out which can take a long time and people do report not getting them in time.

The alternative is to use domestic TGV to south of France, Regional train to Cerbere/Portbou and local Spanish train to Barcelona.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Met wat meer overstapjes, trager tempo and lokale treinen kan je het overgrote deel van die reis zelfs zonder RES doen.

Zoals bvb-ik neem aan dat 1x Paris wel zat is voor bezoek-zeker in aug:

Naar Antwerpen-overstap-naar Lille=Rijssel, naar andere gare, voorafgeboekt TGV naar Paris, metro (zelf bij betalen) naar andere gare-NACHTtrain-zitje of couchette naar Portbou-dat is allemaal 1 reisdag. PB=1e halte in ESpana, altijd overstappen, ander spoor.

Volg. ochtend fris&welgemoed-of ladderzat en uitgebraakt-lokale RENFE=ESpana rodalies tren naar Bcn-stopt veel vaker, met korte change ook fraaie rit precies langs strand van Calella-Malgrat etc.