Solved

No site reservation required and access train refused

• 15 August 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello,

I made a reservation for a train tomorrow morning. There was no information for site reservation required and it was impossible to reserve a seat on the website. At the train station the staff told me that I couldn't Takeshi this train.

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 15 August 2022, 22:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What is your question?

Which train is this? (route, departure time)

I would like to know if I can Take this train 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, this happens sometimes-and in some areas now fairly often. Also due to fewer trains run due to shortage of staff.

This is one of the wonders on the INterRail -pass; later you can tell your grandchildren: what granpa has experienced when he was still young………..even worse as that state run SNCF was able to do!

THis is also a hidden incentive to use brains and not just those planners from the web-make plan B.

Yes but it doesnt answer to me

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Until 21/8 you need a reservation on this train.

During the summer there is mandatory reservation on the direct trains between Germany and Denmark. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Here you can make reservations for the train, if there still are seats available. 

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Would I be right that the first “reservation” you refer to was entering it into your trip and then into your pass when you activated it, and the pass didn't warn you a separate seat reservation was required. Unfortunately, as you will read all over the community posts, that is not a reservation but just creating a travel ticket. Reservations for trains requiring them need to acquired from other sources.

Note: no train entered into your pass includes a seat reservation - the planner will guide you with reasonable accuracy to those requiring an additional reservation, (but it is always worth looking on the community for tips to avoid these trains)

A quick check on the Interrail planner does indeed show that journey tomorrow does require a reservation, so today’s would have been the same.

Had you known, If you had been at Hamburg early enough you could go to the ticket office and either got a reservation or created a plan B.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I would like to know if I can Take this train 

Only with a reservation. You also need to update your app. You're still using an older version, the one in which the notice about the mandatory reservation was missing.