Solved

No train options available from Marseille to Barcelona

• 1 June 2023
  • 8 replies

Hi, I’m trying to book seat reservations for two travelers from Marseille to Barcelona on July 10th, using the Eurail pass. I am given options when I search however when clicking on the options the price will disappear and I am unable to add the reservation to my cart. Other options remain available, but when attempting to pay will say “one of the less of your journey cannot be booked.” Wondering if there are any other options I can take to book these tickets. 

icon

Best answer by Camilo. 10 June 2023, 09:35

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Which train(s) are you trying to book? Could you please post details about your connection, with departure times?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The TGV into Barcelona is in very high demand. Even with the 27-37€ seat reservation and the 200€+ tickets...

- 09:49 TGV from Nîmes Pont du Gard : only 2 2nd class seats left

- 12:51 TGV from Nîmes Centre has only 1st class seats left

- plenty of seats for the 17:13 TGV

Alternative : go via the coastal route and Portbou (no reservations needed or even possible)

But it might be another problem : some other traveller reported that he wasn't able to book seats from Nîmes Pont du Gard for whatever reason (even if there were available seats !). I think this is a bug...

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

But it might be another problem : some other traveller reported that he wasn't able to book seats from Nîmes Pont du Gard for whatever reason (even if there were available seats !). I think this is a bug...

I've noticed that SNCF limit sales of tickets and reservations for shorter journeys on this train. I'm not sure what "shorter” is but you may e.g. find Paris/Lyon to Barcelona available but not Perpignan or Narbonne to Barcelona. They also do that from/to Mulhouse and Bellegarde.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I've noticed that SNCF limit sales of tickets and reservations for shorter journeys on this train. I'm not sure what "shorter” is but you may e.g. find Paris/Lyon to Barcelona available but not Perpignan or Narbonne to Barcelona. They also do that from/to Mulhouse and Bellegarde.

I don't think it is the case here. It is possible to make seat reservations from Valence TGV (earlier stop) and Montpellier Sud de France (next stop). Regular tickets are also fully available... :/ and it's not only for one train or date. Could @Camilo. or @Mukhammad have a look ?

That is the same issue that I’m having. Any seat reservations from Nimes Pont du Gard seem to be unavailable to book on the Eurail website and no other instructions are given as to how we should book them. Unfortunately that seems to be the main station option to travel from Marseille to Barcelona in a decent amount of time. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi erveybody!

It seems like a bug. I will ask.

Have a nice weekend!

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Sometimes it works to book till perpignan in the train set that ends/starts there and change to the train set that continues to Barcelona. From Paris to Perpignan they run together.

But you need to pay the reservation twice. Inside France 10-20 EUR and Perpignan-Barcelona don't know.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Hi erveybody!

It seems like a bug. I will ask.

Have a nice weekend!

UPDATE:

I have received an answer from our Reservations SME. This might be a temporary bug, since the route is available on our booking system. 

Regarding the “short” journeys issue, she tried a few simulations on journeys throughout July and August and the availability is as expected. She did not really see anything out of the ordinary, but this will be monitored throughout high season. 

If there is something I missed, please let me know. 

Have a nice weekend!