Solved

Normal Reservation for italian night trains

• 9 August 2021
  • 4 replies

Hey everyone,

I’m planing a journey through italy by the end of the month and my highlight was supposed to be a trip from Naples to Palermo and back to Rome. 

My plan was to take a night train to Messina (INI36067) and continue from there with a regional.

Now the price in the booking tool of interrail is 97€(!), because I can only take the c4 comfort wagon. In the normal route planner tool it says if I take a normal seat it’s only 3€. I obviously just need a seat, how do I get that? In the FAQs on the interrail website is written I’m supposed to book it on the italian website, but there I can only see the option to buy a ticket for 85€.

Does anyone have experiences with trenitalia.com and can help me out?

Any help is much apreciated. 

Kind regards,

Mo

icon

Best answer by Nanja 12 August 2021, 15:33

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi, you can book your reservation through our reservation system or locally at the train station. I can see seat reservations available when choosing a random date. What date and time are you trying to book? 

Thanks for your reply!

I want to take the train from Naples to Messina the 30th of august at 0:22. 

I can also find it in the reservation tool of interrail, but there’s only the option to make a reservation for 97€, while there should be the option to just book a seat instead of a bed. Also 97€ is more expensive than the ticket would be, if I would buy it now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Cant check this train sorry :/ 

But in case of Berths in Couchette and Sleeper note its only possible to book a entire compartment due law restrictions of Italy :/ 

I used few days ago the direct Nighttrain Palermo-Milan for 89€ (Standard Saverfare) in a modernised Compartment :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

It looks like the seats are fully booked, unfortunately. That's why it is only showing the compartment option. There are more options that day, at a later time, that do have seats available.