Solved

"not enough free reservations" from Copenhagen to Hamburg

• 1 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello!

I’m having major issues trying to book seat reservations…

We would like to take the 13:02 train from Copenhagen to Berlin June 20th, change of trains in Hamburg. Seat reservations required and I get them to my cart...but then the system says “not enough free reservations for some travellers in your package”. What?? What is this?

I also tried finding the same connection via DB and other online booking services to make the booking, but it doesn’t even exist there...only connections with 2+ changes of trains.

Any advice on how to be able to book the seats to these 2 particular trains? 

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 1 April 2023, 13:30

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

My impression is that, because of the delay in taking into service the new IC carriages on Copenhagen-Hamburg, the timetable is only now being integrated in the planners and reservations are not open yet. So the Interrail website is already showing the timetable (they've finally massively increased their update frequency) but DB and DSB not yet. And nobody can book this train yet.

I suggest to wait a few days and then book this train here:

https://travel.b-europe.com/dsb-rail/en/reservation-only#TravelWish

It's only half the price compared to Interrail (DKK 30=€4 instead of €8). If you also want to book Hamburg-Berlin, use tickets.oebb.at (€3 instead of €8).

Edit: these IC carriages are not exactly new, but DSB rent them from DB and they're facing delays with approval for use in Denmark.

Thank you so much for the reply! 

That link above is the first one I’ve seen where you can book these tickets online (trying to reserve Brussels to Munich and always seems impossible to do seat reservation only). Is there a way to pay in Euros/ pounds?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

That link above is the first one I’ve seen where you can book these tickets online (trying to reserve Brussels to Munich and always seems impossible to do seat reservation only). Is there a way to pay in Euros/ pounds?

Many reservations can be booked online; most on multiple websites. This includes Brussels-Munich. For day trains, use bahn.com with "Seat only”. For better advice, please mention date and departure time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

@rvdborgt should not be possible to book (when the booking is open) Berlin-Hamburg-Kopenhagen via bahn.com for 4,50 EUR instead of 3+3 EUR of ÖBB? 

Are there informations if with the “new” trains the compulsory reservations like in other summers is still a thing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt should not be possible to book (when the booking is open) Berlin-Hamburg-Kopenhagen via bahn.com for 4,50 EUR instead of 3+3 EUR of ÖBB?

Yes, but only when reservation is optional. DB always charges mandatory reservations separately and they still don't sell them online.

Are there informations if with the “new” trains the compulsory reservations like in other summers is still a thing?

Yes, it's still a thing unfortunately.