Solved

Not home when i should recive seat reservation

(Not home when I should receive seat reservations)

Is there any way I can change the location the seat reservations will be send to? Like that it will be send to one of my friends houses? Because that day I will not be home and the next 2 days the mail will not be deliverd and the day after that I leave for my trip….

icon

Best answer by Claudi. 16 September 2022, 09:28

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

At least the paper passes, and maybe also the paper reservations, are sent by registered mail. In that case you have to collect the reservations in person from the post office showing your ID.

When did you make the reservation? What was the promised delivery date?

@rvdborgt @seewulf Do you know if the paper reservations also are sent by registered mail?

@AnnaB 

I made the seat reservation on 15th of June and the promised delivery date was 30th or 31st of July. So I really hope it is the 30th (I leave Tuesday 2nd of August… and like I said on Sunday and Monday they don’t deliver the mail...)

My railway pass is on my phone so at least I don’t have to worry about that!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I thought reservations are sent via registered mail but I'm not sure.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope that you will get the delivery before you leave. You can contact Customer Support through the form  in the link below and asked if there is a possibility to change the address, but I am almost sure that you anyway will need to collect the delivery in person at the post office.

https://eurail.zendesk.com/hc/en-001/requests/new

Thank you for reacting so quick!! I will definitely try that!

It has been fixed! I got a responds on my (many) mails, there was an error in the system so my seats were not reserved. Even though my eurail account said ‘seat reservations booked’… it doesn’t matter anymore, because they reserved them for me again. AND something better: the tickets are suddenly E-Tickets instead of paper tickets :) So I got them in time :))

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

the tickets are suddenly E-Tickets instead of paper tickets :) So I got them in time :))

What route did you make a reservation for? It is interesting to know for what route that the paper tickets have been replaced by E-tickets.

Utrecht centraal - Frankfurt Flughaven Fernbf (was already an e-ticket)
Cheb - Prague Hlavni Nadrazi (changed to e-ticket)
Prague Hlavni Nadazi - Budapest Nyugati (changed to e-ticket)
Budapest Kelenfoeld - Zagreb Glavini Kol (changed to e-ticket)

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So they're making progress. Sadly, the reservations are still too expensive if you buy them through Interrail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Plus that for all these trips its only optional.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

All paper passes and paper reservations tickets are sent through registered mail and require a signature upon delivery. You should be able to see the planned delivery by using the PostNL track and trace code. If you're not home, the envelope is forwarded to a postal pick up point that is usually held anything between 1 and 3 weeks depending on the country. If it's not picked up, it gets sent back to us. Unfortunately, we cannot change the address after the envelope has been sent.