Solved

NS Train from Amsterdam to Brussels

• 2 February 2024
  • 6 replies

It looks like we will be taking an NS train from Amsterdam to Brussels in April due to Eurostar not being available. If I book my tickets for the specific train we want via NS International, even though there is not assigned seating, does this still at least guarantee my place on the train? 

I am worried about trains being full and us not being able to get on one despite booking tickets in advance. It is the tulip festival weekend, and I am guessing trains will be a bit more crowded during this time so I just want to make sure I am planning accordingly.

icon

Best answer by Al_G 2 February 2024, 17:31

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There are no reservations on NS trains.

Get to the station in good time and head for the far ends of the trains away from the platform entrances as people always crowd the closest carriages.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Also, if you have a pass, there's nothing to book on the NS website, since your pass is your ticket and no supplement or reservation is needed.

Thank you to both of you!

You both answered questions for me on another post I did initially about Eurostar service and I just wanted to say thank you for being so helpful on this site and for answering my questions!

Also, if you have a pass, there's nothing to book on the NS website, since your pass is your ticket and no supplement or reservation is needed.

hello! was following this post as i have the same question as original post. what do you mean by pass on this post? thank you so much!

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

hello! was following this post as i have the same question as original post. what do you mean by pass on this post? thank you so much!

A Eurail or Interrail pass, since that's what this community is all about.

If it’s helpful to you/you’re in the same spot I was - I see Eurostar just released times for trains out of Amsterdam to Brussels that weekend.