Solved

OBB Nightjet

• 23 March 2024
  • 4 replies

I am planning a travel and see on OBB the night train München Hbf › Utrecht Centraal for the 16th of June. Why the same train is not present in the interrail plan your trip portal?

Can I be sure the train is possible with the pass even if not present in the interrail portal?

Also, how can I be sure a train is included in the pass?

Thanks!

Alessio

icon

Best answer by Hektor 24 March 2024, 08:08

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Your pass is valid on this train, regardless whether it shows up in any planner.

You can book reservations on nightjet.com or tickets.oebb.at.

I know this nightjet used to call at München Ost instead of Hbf. Maybe you should update your rail planner app for the latest timetables.

For information about which trains are included in your pass, open the rail planner app and go to More > Rail network guides. Here you can choose a relevant country. Let's choose Netherlands. A table with train operators appears. The second column shows nightjet is NOT valid if you own an OCP (One Country Pass). The third column however, shows the nightjet is valid if you own a GP (Global Pass).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

As rvdborgt said the train is included :) 

The Railplanner app is not always up to date :) I use for planning mosttimes the German Bahn website bahn.de or their App “DB Navigator” then it shows on the train details which Railcompany operate the trains on my Route and then i can check if they are operated by a covered Railcompany. 
I usually than double check the train leg by leg with the Railplanner to find out if a trains need a reservation or not :)  

I am planning a travel and see on OBB the night train München Hbf › Utrecht Centraal for the 16th of June. Why the same train is not present in the interrail plan your trip portal?

Can I be sure the train is possible with the pass even if not present in the interrail portal?

Also, how can I be sure a train is included in the pass?

Thanks!

Alessio

The train is in the Interrail portal and you do get all the information there.

You just need to change the settings to "direct trains".

To do this, tap "Filters" and then "direct trains" and the Interrail portal will show the train from München Hbf to Utrecht Centraal even for June 16th.