OBB nightjet schedule problems between Innsbruck and Hamburg

• 24 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,
We are a family of four, planning to travel from northern Italy or western Austria to Stockholm at the end of June (with some stops on the way). 
I tried to book OBB nightjet from Innsbruck to Hamburg but their website indicated possible schedule changes for that time, and also said that schedule changes may appear with a very short notice. They also brought up a new cancellation rule which is way more strict that the usual nightjet rule (I know this because I have booked another nightjet for mid-June from Hamburg to Zurich). 
Do you have experience on similar situations, or better information on this situation? Does this mean minor changes like 30 minutes, or can it be hours, or really even cancellations of the whole connections? I would be grateful of all the help because the OBB customer service have not replied to my several calls. 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The rules don’t seem to have changed. With your Interrail pass, you get Komfortticket/Flex which is :

• refundable until 14 days before departure
  • 50% refundable until the day before

They added a paragraph that Sparschiene tickets (which are usually non-refundable) will also be refundable in case the schedule changes for more than 60 min.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

They added a paragraph that Sparschiene tickets (which are usually non-refundable) will also be refundable in case the schedule changes for more than 60 min.

That's just a clarification, I guess, because that rule has been in place since December 2009, when EU Regulation 1371/2007 went into force.

Thanks for the replies, I misunderstood the cancellation rule.