Solved

OBB tickets St Anton to Verbier - selecting seats & moving tix to app?

• 10 December 2022
  • 14 replies

Hi - I purchased two tickets on my laptop at the ÖBB site. I have since downloaded the OBB app and do not see any way to move the tickets to the app. Is this possible? And, we are traveling during the holidays and would like to ensure we sit together. I have read several posts here about reserving seats, but no mention of selecting seats. Is that not possible? Is it first come first serve on seats? Thanks very much for any help! 

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 11 December 2022, 00:00

View original

14 replies

Badge +5

If you are using a Eurail pass for the journey that is your ticket. If you reserved seats for part of the journey that is your reservations. The two are completely separate. The on train staff will only need to see the QR code for your journey. When reserving seats in conjunction with a pass you cannot select specific seats unless you do it at a ticket office. If you reserved the two seats at the same time you will be seated together in the majority of cases.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Trains are not planes-with all their fancies. It depends on how you made this RES and via which way if you are given any chance to choose seats-if at all, its mostly only window/aisle-for a couple a no-brainer. As you also cannot go St.A to V in 1 train, there must be more or perhaps some trains in the Swiss without. Except for the overnite NJ all trains are only optional RES-conductors will not even be interested in the RES as such

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I hope you didn't buy tickets, but only seat reservations, through ÖBB. The mobile pass in the app is your ticket. How much did you pay?

The trains on this route have optional reservation and then the ticket inspector wouldn't be interested in looking at the reservation unless the train from St. Anton is extremely crowded. 

I hope you didn't buy tickets, but only seat reservations, through ÖBB. The mobile pass in the app is your ticket. How much did you pay?

The trains on this route have optional reservation and then the ticket inspector wouldn't be interested in looking at the reservation unless the train from St. Anton is extremely crowded. 

Yes, I did buy it through OBB but obviously now regret it. I have the printed version of the tickets, so I assume we’ll be fine? 

Trains are not planes-with all their fancies. It depends on how you made this RES and via which way if you are given any chance to choose seats-if at all, its mostly only window/aisle-for a couple a no-brainer. As you also cannot go St.A to V in 1 train, there must be more or perhaps some trains in the Swiss without. Except for the overnite NJ all trains are only optional RES-conductors will not even be interested in the RES as such

Yes, it’s multiple trains - St Anton to Zurich, to Lausanne, to Martigny to Le Chable (then the lift). Thank you for your advice.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, I did buy it through OBB but obviously now regret it. I have the printed version of the tickets, so I assume we’ll be fine? 

Exactly what did you buy? a ticket or a seat reservation? How much did you pay? 

ÖBB is a good place to make seat reservations.

Exactly what did you buy? a ticket or a seat reservation? How much did you pay? 

ÖBB is a good place to make seat reservations.

I bought tickets for two people business class from St. Anton to Le Chablis. It’s really 4 tickets per person for the 4 different trains (St Anton to Zurich, Zurich to Lausanne, Lausanne to Martigny, Martigny to Le Chable), each with an RFID code. It’s about 225 euros per person. I thought I was all set on having the actual tickets, but just needed help on getting seat reservations and connecting the printed tickets with the app, but now the responses on this board have me worried. Is OBB not a legitimate site? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

What app are you talking about? The ÖBB app or the Interrail/Eurail app?

ÖBB is the Austrian Railway and a very legitimate site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@Angelo When I read the question again I think that the question is how to get tickets bought at the ÖBB website to the ÖBB app. Do you know how to do that?

@Angelo When I read the question again I think that the question is how to get tickets bought at the ÖBB website to the ÖBB app. Do you know how to do that?

Yes! I apologize if my question was unclear. I bought tickets on the OBB site. I have the hard copies, but would prefer to access them on the OBB app. I can’t seem to connect tickets bought on the website so the QR code is accessible via the app. Any help would be appreciated. I think I understand the answer to my second question, about reserving particular seats.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes! I apologize if my question was unclear. I bought tickets on the OBB site. I have the hard copies, but would prefer to access them on the OBB app. I can’t seem to connect tickets bought on the website so the QR code is accessible via the app. Any help would be appreciated. I think I understand the answer to my second question, about reserving particular seats.

OK. This is a Community for Interrail and Eurail. That is why people, like me, get confused when people not using Interrail/Eurail, ask questions here. Our minds are programmed to answer in terms of Interrail/Eurail.

I hope that there is someone in the community who can help you with your question regarding the app.

Do you have seat reservations for your tickets or not?

OK. This is a Community for Interrail and Eurail. That is why people, like me, get confused when people not using Interrail/Eurail, ask questions here. Our minds are programmed to answer in terms of Interrail/Eurail.

I hope that there is someone in the community who can help you with your question regarding the app.

Do you have seat reservations for your tickets or not?

I do not yet have reservations. I was trying to understand if it is possible to reserve specific seats, but it sounds as if that isn’t necessary. I will reserve seats via OBB today. Thanks for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

You have two ÖBB apps. ÖBB and ÖBB Scotty. The first is for tickets of all sorts, the latter for your route itineraries all over Austria.

If you bought them online, you should have an account at ÖBB. If you download the ticket app of ÖBB and you log in with the same details as the website, the tickets (and reservations) should appear in the app normally.  - At least, that was the case when I used it last summer.

More info here: https://www.oebb.at/en/tickets-kundenkarten/weg-zum-ticket/app-angebot

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

hey if you download it as PDF it is not possible to switch to a online ticket on ÖBB app. If you decide in one way you can't switch when you buy via ÖBB.