Solved

Options: Berlin Hbf Night Express Train 302 with destination Stockholm Central is Fully Booked

I’ve been unsuccessful in navigating this website to use our Global Eurail First Class Tickets purchased a month ago so we can travel from Southern Italy to Stockholm next week.  

Finally went the Brindisi train station today and was able to reserve seats from Ostuni to Bologna; was told that we’d have to book remainder of trip in Bologna.   Trying to review options, and it seems that the night train from Berlin to Stockholm should be the routing and timing we need, however, when i check the https://www.snalltaget.se/en/berlin site, the route is showing as sold out.  

What other options are there???  Do seats sometimes come available for these busy routes???

icon

Best answer by Al_G 5 July 2022, 13:13

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Can you please give som more details (departure date, time and route) of your trip? Then it will be easier to give advice. 

Thank you :) 

Our plan is to start travel from Ostuni Italy on Friday, July 8th attempting to get to Stockholm by Sunday, July 10th. 

Booked on following to start at the train station in Brindisi.  The ticket agent said we’d have to make the remaining reservations once we arrive in Bologna, however, my online research is showing the Night train from Hamburg to Stockholm is sold out. 

21:16 Depart Ostuni Italy  on the INI 754 

05:30 Arrive Bologna Centrale

Trying to book the remainder of the trip

07:45 Depart Bologna Centrale on the ECB 88

14:27 Arrive Muenchen Hbf

Change to

15:18 Depart Muenchen HBF on High Speed Train ICE 784

22:31 Arrive Hamburg Hbf

Change to

23:48 Depart Hamburg Hbf Night Train NT 302

14:16 Arrive Stockholm Central

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Again: use the OTHer overveiw by frequent responder seewulf-it lists all OTher options to book.

Via oebb.at for It-DE, expect delay on arrival-extended border checks again in force

via bahn.com (optional, advisable though) for M->HH

Expect a big delay on ar in HH-The record of DB the last monthes is abysmal

The thoruygh train to STO is run by snalltaget-I think they do not do special 1st cl-check their site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

That Snalltaget train is fully booked, it generally is fully booked this close to departure in the high season. There isn’t anything you can do about that other than look for an alternative service which in this case would probably be the next day from Hamburg

Even if you could get that reservation you are suggesting spending over 40 hours on trains with barely an hour break in total. With a private sleeper compartment for both nights that would be a marathon trip, on seats it is more like an endurance challenge.

If you are in such a rush to get from the south to north of Europe just fly and save yourselves 2 uncomfortable sleepless nights.

There is a Ryanair flight from Brindisi to Stockholm on 10 July for around €75 pp.