Solved

oslo-trondheim train disapeared?

• 17 September 2022
  • 9 replies

So I arrived in Oslo at 18:00 today and wanted to reserve a seat to trondheim. there was no customer service or tourist workers anywhere. So I tried the machines I found my train 22:50 but couldn't reserve a seat with the machine. So I figured I'd just jump on and plead my case. 

Weird thing is the train appears to have never existed. It was 100% there when I check the machine. It's on the interail app and it's online for the same time tomorrow a Sunday so I doubt it wouldn't be running Saturday. But it wasn't on the boards, no info about it or the Bergen train 23:09. It's not a rail replacement or a connection through metro I've checked. 

Was it just cancelled without explanation? Am i dumb? Is the universe just trying to spite me?

Regardless there's no night trains running. Guess it's the airport floor as a mattress tonight . 

icon

Best answer by Bread boy 18 September 2022, 00:00

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Are you at the airport? Train due at 23.38 from Oslo S.

Sorry it seems to have disappeared as well

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

I can't see the train in the planner tonight and according to the timetable from SJ Nord who runs the train, the departure 22.50 from Oslo S to Trondheim  only runs on Mondays-Fridays and on Sundays.

I can't see the train in the planner tonight and according to the timetable from SJ Nord who runs the train, the departure 22.50 from Oslo S to Trondheim  only runs on Mondays-Fridays and on Sundays.

Weird that mine has it. I've got the up to date version too. Any reason why the train would still be in the station machines for 17th if it shouldn't be running? 

Also saw that Trondheim to mo i rana is running with massive disruptions. I picked the wrong time to travel Norway.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rvdborgt Do you have any idea what might cause this confusion?

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

You can call Entur tomorrow morning. They can sell you the reservation you need for your travels in Norway. Don't forget to add the country code for Norway +47

Thank you for the replies. I have a feeling all the seats are already booked but I will try to call them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Oslo ticket office closes at 18:00 on Saturday:

https://om.entur.no/betjente-stasjoner/

After that, you can only book reservations by phone. The Entur ticket machines can't sell reservations only; they seem to have the same possibilities as the Entur website.

I can't find this train in the Entur planner. It should leave Hamar at 0:32 but nothing shows up. On the SJ Nord website I can't find it either in the planner. I don't see it in the DB planner o the ÖBB planner but I do see it in the CD planner and the rail planner app.

It looks like a rather late cancellation.

So I've called and i have spoken to rail staff and they are all very persistent that this train was never running on the Saturday as annaB said. 

Perhaps it's just my error. Wish I had taken a photo of the ticket machines. Regardless if anyone is ever in my position train hop further up the route and hopefully there is a free seat. This worked for me. 

Thank you all for the help

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

So I've called and i have spoken to rail staff and they are all very persistent that this train was never running on the Saturday as annaB said.

It must have been in at least one of the datasets they sent to the European Timetable Centre though, probably in error.