Outbound/inbound connections

I live in Sweden. Let's say I take a train from Hamburg which departs before midnight and arrives in Stockholm the following day. Can I use my inbound journey to change trains in Stockholm if I put Hamburg to (hometown) in the app?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Yes, you can change trains in Stockholm and that will then be a new travel day if you have a flexi pass. You need to make two journeys in the app. One from Hamburg to Stockholm and another from Stockholm to your home town. As the travels start on different days the QR code for the ticket will be different for the 2 journeys.

The outbound/inbound rule says that you can travel on 2 days in your country of residence with a global pass. It is not 2 journeys, but 2 days.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hej! @Simon S 

Jag hoppas att du har koll på att man bör undvika att boka via Interrails websida och istället använda de de stora tågbolagens webbsidor för att boka. Interrail tar ut en extra avgift på 2 EUR per reservation.

Hej! @Simon S 

Jag hoppas att du har koll på att man bör undvika att boka via Interrails websida och istället använda de de stora tågbolagens webbsidor för att boka. Interrail tar ut en extra avgift på 2 EUR per reservation.

Tack för upplysningen!

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Carefull the system will aready use the day when you start in Hamburg as Inbound day :/ as this train cross the border to Sweden :/

please split the journey in two halfs first half Hamburg - Hoje (near Copenhagen) secondhalf Hoje - Stockholm otherwise you can´t move on from Stockholm to your hometown.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Carefull the system will aready use the day when you start in Hamburg as Inbound day :/ as this train cross the border to Sweden :/

please split the journey in two halfs first half Hamburg - Hoje (near Copenhagen) secondhalf Hoje - Stockholm otherwise you can´t move on from Stockholm to your hometown.

@seewulf 

Thank's for the info about spitting the trip. I thought that it was enough that the train enterred Sweden after midnight and it therefore was possible to continue on the arrival day of the night train.

I will be using the same route during the summer with a paper pass. I guess that it is the same with splitting the trips for me so that I can continue home from Stockholm. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Thank's for the info about spitting the trip. I thought that it was enough that the train enterred Sweden after midnight and it therefore was possible to continue on the arrival day of the night train.

Edit (confusing Denmark and Sweden, sorry!):

That should be possible but there's bug in the app. In such a case, you need to split the journey at a location after midnight but still outside your country. In this case, that is can indeed be Høje Taastrup (the first stop after Hamburg).

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@seewulf

I will be using the same route during the summer with a paper pass. I guess that it is the same with splitting the trips for me so that I can continue home from Stockholm. 

With paper pass there is no issue as you write down on your own the date of inbound

It´s a bug in the Railplanner app that it doesnt recognise the border crossings