Solved

Outward journey - onward from Europe

• 17 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Sorry if this has been asked before ;-) 

We have a Global Passes and can see from T&Cs and other questions asked here that our outward journey (Edinburgh to London with LNER, London to Brussels with Eurostar) is covered. My question is simply this - we intend to use the sleeper from Brussels to continue on to Vienna that evening. 

So my question is - am I right that all that is covered. I am 80% certain and have both Eurostar and Nightjet reservations booked & paid for. It is just that I woke up in the wee small hours this morning with the thought in my mind - what happens of I’m wrong! 

Any advice will be welcomed and thanks in advance 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 17 December 2022, 09:37

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi, everything is right.

The Interrail Global Pass is your train ticket (don't forget to add the trip zo the pass before boarding).

Some trains requier a reservation, and this is on top of the ticket. Most reservations have a fee.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Exactly what are your worries? That the travel to London, the Eurostar or that the Nightjet isn't covered?

The outbound/inbound rule says can travel of a maximum of two travel days in your country of residence. A travel day is from 00.00 to 23.59 CET, (23.00-22.29 GMT)

Exactly what are your worries? That the travel to London, the Eurostar or that the Nightjet isn't covered?

The outbound/inbound rule says can travel of a maximum of two travel days in your country of residence. A travel day is from 00.00 to 23.59 CET, (23.00-22.29 GMT)

Just want to be reassure - I known the rules as you state them are stated clearly in several places. My question was intended to confirm that I was right to assume that onward travel further into Europe via an overnight sleeper is also included. After all Belgium isn’t my country of residence ;-)

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Yes, you are good to go. Like Anna writes, in UK you can start 1 houre before midnight, because a travel day is from 00:00-23:59 CET or 23:00-22:59 GMT.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

On a travel day you can travel with as many trains as you like and in as many countries as you like. 

This summer my daughter and I travelled from Switzerland, passing both France and Luxembourg on the way to Germany. 9 trains and one train replacement bus in 13 hours.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Indeed. No problems at all. You do want to print your reservation for the Nightjet though. The attendant usually takes your booking before, or soon after you board. With only a pdf it’s a bit difficult :)