Pass norwege

• 22 July 2021
  • 2 replies

Bonjour 

après avoir pris le pass interrail Norvège, nous nous sommes rendu compte que tous les trains que nous avions réservé sont complets. Les contrôleurs nous disent qu’il faut réserver un siège, mais impossible sur l’application interrail ni en ligne ? 
est-ce déjà arrivé à quelqu’un? Comment avez vous fait dans ce cas ? 
le principe d’interrail étant quand même de choisir un train un peu quad on veut ou est l’intérêt s’il faut réserver 3 mois à l’avance ? 

merci  

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey Charlotte,

I can’t believe that all trains are fully-booked. Even in non-Corona times I was always able to board the trains (with a lot more tourists in Norway than these days).
For daytime trains in general no reservation is required (but if you want to be sure about a seat, at least in non-corona times, it was highly advisable). For nighttrains you have to make a seat reservation, but I always did it on the spot without any problems (same day).

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The Interrail app or website is actually one of the last options you should try for reservations because of the many problems and extra fees. First try the operator's website. Also see the advice for Norway here:
https://www.interrail.eu/en/plan-your-trip/reservations/how-do-i-book-my-reservations