Solved

Pass validity on my routes. I can't figure it out in the app planner.

• 4 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Hello!  I am trying to figure out where/when my Global pass is valid (prior to purchasing) and when I use the train schedule/timetable page on the Eurail site, the left side of the page is red and says, “pass not valid” and the right side is green and says, “you’re ready to board”.  I am confused...may I use the Global pass or not?  Thank you so much!  And...below is my hopeful use of trains with the Global Pass.  Any insider knowledge on the validity of the pass or how to use the pass on the following journeys is greatly welcomed!

Cambridge, UK to Edinburgh, Scotland

Edinburgh to Brussels, Belgium

Brussels to Grindelwald, Switzerland

Grindelwald to Vienna, Austria

Vienna to Freudenstadt, Germany

Freudenstadt to Mons, Belgium

Mons to Paris

Paris to London

THANK YOU!

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 4 March 2022, 11:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There are much better planners than Interrail's own one. In general, national planners are most complete and up to date; for international planning, the Deutsche Bahn planner (or DB Navigator app) is a good choice, certainly for the countries you plan to travel in.

All routes you plan to travel can be done with the global pass.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There MAY be some doubt about very last sector in/out of Grindelwald (not sure, this is from memory, if yes, you get discount for this last small stretch), but all the rest is-provided you use trains of companies participating in scheme, valid.

Note that again from memory, as for NOW the very few local trains trundling Mons-Maubeuge (=change stop in FR for direct TER trains to Par) are replaced by bus-covid measures.

Also as for now you must also REServe (free at counter in UK) the LNER trains on the Lon-Edinb line. The €* has a heavy supplmt.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There MAY be some doubt about very last sector in/out of Grindelwald (not sure, this is from memory, if yes, you get discount for this last small stretch), but all the rest is-provided you use trains of companies participating in scheme, valid.

Correct, Interlaken - Grindelwald has a 25% discount. You don’t need a travel day if you only travel on a discounted route.

Note that again from memory, as for NOW the very few local trains trundling Mons-Maubeuge (=change stop in FR for direct TER trains to Par) are replaced by bus-covid measures.

They don't run currently (available only in Dutch and French). There is no replacement bus, unfortunately, Belgian railways advise to travel via Lille. This will last for a few more weeks, I expect.