Solved

Passholder number does not apply.

• 21 November 2022
  • 2 replies

I am trying to book a train from Nice to Florence, but Eurail.com is unable to do so.  So I tried to make a reservation on Italyrail.com, but the passholder number does not apply.  What should I do?  For reference, I have a Eurail pass that can be used for 10 days in 2 months.

icon

Best answer by mcadv 21 November 2022, 13:39

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is no direct train from Nice to Florence, so I suppose you're trying to book an Italian train? In that case, the best website is tickets.oebb.at. Do NOT use "Seat reservation only” but add the Interrail/Eurail discount and then look for normal tickets. You don't need to enter any pass number and there are no extra booking fees.

If that doesn't work for you, then please specify which train(s) you want to book, with travel date and departure time(s).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The probably best way-not very fast but quite scenic in parts is: local (cannot RES) SNCF-TER to Ventimiglia, IC train till Pisa (must RES-only 3€ via oebb), you even have some time to see that leaning tower, then hourly local (NO RES) till Firenze.

It MAY be a little faster by using treni via Milano-then the superfast Frecce to Firenze-not much to see in the latter.