Solved

Passing through Liechtenstein

• 13 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Hello !
I would like to travel from Liechtenstein to Brussels by train. To do this, I have to do Liechtenstein Zurich, then Zurich Frankfurt and then Frankfurt Brussels.
My question is, when I book this journey on the Interrail app, will the app offer me to pay a supplement for the part where the train runs in Liechtenstein (since Liechtenstein is not part of the Interrail agreement)? Or how does it work ?
Thank you very much for your help !

icon

Best answer by Hektor 13 January 2023, 19:43

View original

3 replies

Liechtenstein is technically Austria (ÖBB = austrian railways). If your pass is valid in Austria, you may travel between Feldkirch and Buchs (and intermediate stations) with no additional cost.

Liechtenstein is technically Austria (ÖBB = austrian railways). If your pass is valid in Austria, you may travel between Feldkirch and Buchs (and intermediate stations) with no additional cost.

Thanks you very much !!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Same-same applies to Monaco, which is only served by SNCF. But LIE even has a very few stazionen/BHFe in the country that are served by local OeBB trains-the expresses swish past. Some years ago the rich bankers there even got on the Swiss bandwagon and shelled out some frankeli for an improved-and in the start even free or very cheap, POSTbus system, but 99% of the takers were tourists-and a very few for them ´foreign ´ workers.