Solved

Poland - no reservation - Can I stand?

• 14 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I have a continuous 1st Class Interrail Pass and I want to take the 08.22 EC273 from Brno to Gdansk on Saturday 15th July (tomorrow). I went to the information desk at Brno train station yesterday to make reservations for the two legs of the journey which involve Polish trains and successfully bought a reservation for the Krakow-Gdańsk leg. However, the Czech lady I spoke to at the desk indicated that it was not possible to purchase a reservation for part-Polish section (Breclav-Krakow) of the Brno-Krakow leg of the journey.

Can I still board the train and travel to Krakow without a seat reservation if I am prepared to stand all the way?

If not, am I able to exchange or get reimbursed for the reservation I paid for (Krakow-Gdańsk) in order to make my journey on another date when I can reserve seats for the entirety of the Polish sections of the Brno-Gdańsk trip?

icon

Best answer by thibcabe 14 July 2023, 09:25

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Try from the first station in Poland on intercity.pl, Chałupki in your case. The reservation is only mandatory from that stop (per CD and DB).

I can make one in 2nd class but not in 1st I think. It costs 1 PLN = 0.20€. I'd make it but still try to head to 1st class on the train. 

I remember something about ticket inspectors able to sell reservations with no seat guarantee on Polish trains. I'm sure someone knows better.