Solved

Prague to Vienna June 2022

• 31 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Is there an issue with booking Prague to Vienna beginning of June?

On both OBB and CZ sites, it gives me these below. I was able to book Vienna to Prague on May 29th. 

icon

Best answer by Angelo 31 March 2022, 08:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The reservation for the train is not opened, maybe to planned engineering works, but I don’t know.

Your searching for reservations on ÖBB in a wrong way. If you need a reservation for a train with optional reservation, you have to choose only seat. For this train Prague-Vienna you don’t need a reservation, you can only hop on. But if you want to have 100% a seat you can reserve a seat at ÖBB or CD (when it is possible) for 3€/train. 

How to get Reservations :) | Community (eurail.com) Tutorial by Seewulf.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Repeat: it is OPTional, not mandatory.

There are-as so often on raillines-WORKs on a fairly large segment just east of Praha-I just read many trains have to be rerouted, so I guess (as CZ rails=CD are quite reliable) that they do not have the final timings yet by now.

Also: if this is the ONLY trip you intend to make that day-save that precious passday, also check the nice yellow trains of RegioJet and see what they charge. Student<26 with ISIC get 75% discount on the CZ part and the part on AT is short. As senior I get same discount and often get this ride for 9,90, in 1st class! Free cf too and very cheap meals.