Solved

Price more expensive when booking through ooeb

• 7 April 2022
  • 5 replies

• Right on track
  • 6 replies

Why is it more expensive than booking through interrail website? My friend and I would like to travel from Ljubljana to Split and the booking is unavailable on the interrail website. And called to reserve the train through ticket office but it was way more expensive. Do any of you have any tips on this route? Where to book etc.? 

icon

Best answer by Hektor 7 April 2022, 19:04

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Please give more information:

Which exact trains would you like to book? Date and departure times would be helpful.

What price did ÖBB quote?

@rvdborgt 

We would be traveling 17/6-18/6

Interrail website:

Ljubljana-Sevnica (Slovenia) 9.05pm (free)

Sevnica (slovenia) -Split (Croatia) 11.30pm (14e seat, 34e with bed)

ooeb: only beds available and price around 76e, same route as above

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

The price is 74€ per couchette (Sevnica - Split), also bookable via the ÖBB website (using these steps). There seems to be only 1 seat left.

Last year, this was also a quite expensive train.

Without logging in, Interrail's reservation module quotes some reservation fees but they are incorrect. If you log in, it says "unavailable” indeed. Looks like a bug to me. @Nanja, someone needs to look at this.

There may also be a separate night train Zagreb - Split (leaving around midnight), like last year, but I don't see it in the planners yet. That train would be cheaper. In addition, Croatian railways only start selling 2 months in advance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@aino 

The Nighttrain of ÖBB/ZSSK (Austrian/Slovakian Rail) is quite expensive on this specific train you get usually just few %discount on the standard fares as it´s a seasonal train and for ÖBB/ZSSK quite expensive to operate this train :/

Usually the Nighttrain Zagreb- Split is the best option for you but as @rvdborgt  said currently couldn´t be found in the Railplanners :/

There may also be a separate night train Zagreb - Split (leaving around midnight), like last year, but I don't see it in the planners yet. That train would be cheaper. In addition, Croatian railways only start selling 2 months in advance.

This train will run only 07/01/2022 to 08/27/2022; it’s not running at weekends (sunday night); it should not be possible to book it from outside Croatia. The timetable for this train can be found even at the RailPlanner app. But it’s not running 06/17/2022 anyway. 

For the ZSSK train the price shown at oebb.at is the correct price for this train; 14 € or 34 € for this train is totally incorrect (correct prices: 54 € seat, 74 € couchette (6), 84 € couchette (4), 94 € sleeper (t3), 114 € sleeper (double), 164 € sleeper (single)). 

Best wishes, Hektor.