Solved

Price unavailable on Eurostar

• 27 June 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi community,

First time travelling to Europe! I have the 7 day EU rail global pass and was trying to book tickets from London to Brussels for July 2 and Amsterdam to London for July 12. However, I am seeing “Price unavailable - No price results were found for this connection. It is possible that all pass holder seats are sold out…” for both dates.

What are my alternatives? I’m hoping to not pay such a high price for separate Eurostar tickets while I have the EU global pass.. desperate for some help and advice. 

Thank you in advance!

Gary

icon

Best answer by AnnaB 27 June 2022, 07:31

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

There is a limited number of pass holder seats on the Eurostar and on popular departures and during high season those sell out weeks, and sometimes months in advance.

The best place to see the availability of passholder seats on the Eurostar is 

https://www.b-europe.com/EN/Booking/Pass#TravelWish

The first available seats from London to Brussels are on the 10 th of July.

From Amsterdam to London the first available seats are on the 13th of July

Thanks Anna.

Unfortunately I already tried https://www.b-europe.com/ and also my dates are fixed due to hotel bookings… any other solutions? Do you think I can arrive at the Eurostar station hours prior to my departure date to see if any pass holders cancel or no show? Any luck there?

Gary

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Do you think I can arrive at the Eurostar station hours prior to my departure date to see if any pass holders cancel or no show? Any luck there?​​​​​​

No, unfortunately, from what I have heard, that is not possible. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

There are still Standard Premier (1st Class) passholder reservations available on the 19.01 and 20.01 London - Paris departures on the 2 July.

No way of getting to Amsterdam until the next morning though so a hotel in Paris.

On the 12 July there are several Paris - London available; 07.43, 18.13, 19.13, 20.13, 21.10 also only 1st Class.

Your alternatives are flying or Stena Line ferry from Harwich - Hook of Holland.

Thanks everyone. I’ll talk to the ticket agent but most likely will pay Eurostar tickets at regular price to get to my destinations. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Its not very smart to reach AMS via Paris-that would be BRUssel or even Lille. Plus that according to some notes in NL €* is cancelled alltogether for the section In NL (only 2 trains/day) on many days-also very GB strike day.

Cheapest ALT in general is the FLIX bus-there may also be BlaBla (bad record for crashes lately)

VCheap airlines are Easyjet- and RYan (NOT to AMS-to Eindhoven in NL or Charleroi in BE). NOte that dutch airports this summer are also heavily constrained and only allow limited nr of booked pax.

Thanks everyone. I’ll talk to the ticket agent but most likely will pay Eurostar tickets at regular price to get to my destinations. 

I ran into the same problem and decided to take a bus service that runs from Brussels to London. It takes a lot longer but made sense financially. Might be worth checking out for you too?