Solved

"Prices Not Available" but still tickets left?

• 13 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Hello Community!

Tomorrow (Aug 14th) I need to leave the Shengen zone and I have a departing flight out of London next week. 
I am trying to find trains from Paris to London tomorrow (Aug 14th) but they all say “Prices unavailable.” They are all Eustar trains. I Understand it means the Eurail passes are sold out, but there are still tickets available on Eustar. However, they are QUITE pricey. 

Is there a way I could go to the ticket office or maybe Eustar online and buy tickets from them with a EuRail discount?? 

icon

Best answer by cdwatkins19 13 August 2022, 10:22

View original

4 replies

Badge +5

No way I’m afraid. You can travel from Paris to London via local trains to Calais and take the ferry. Use the no reservations tab in the Rail Planner app. You’ll have to pay for the ferry and a taxi in Calais and Dover. You might decide Eurostar at whatever they charge is MUCH easier but buy now because the price will just keep going up!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

CanNOT use ferry as for now (still not revoked) they will NOT take foot-pax-only peoples with some vehicle.

Can use BUS (will also use ferry), flix or blabla, these usually have spare seats till last moment-but even that may sell out in hi-peak summer.

OR check if €* maybe has the odd seat open from BRU-and then also LIlle-though I doubt this. Demand from there is usually a bit less as from P. Can check easily via b-europe, as has been explaiend here many times

Badge +5

The last post is wrong! P&O do take foot passengers. Fare is £30! Check their website for more. DFDS are the ones who don’t 

Badge +5

The fare is higher for last minute £46 from Calais to Dover