Printed tickets or reservation

• 15 July 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Keeps calm and carries on
  • 14 replies

Hello all,

I have read a lot of information on using the mobile app and occasionally see a reference to certain trains required printed reservations and/or tickets so my question is:

1.  Will I ever need to print either a ticket or reservation?
  2. if I do have to print one, how will I be able to print?  

Thanks again for the expertise of all who are far more knowledgeable than me. 😃

Glenn

icon

Best answer by seewulf 16 July 2021, 00:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14
  1. depends on the Route you take :) as some reservations only can be done as printed reservation.
  2.  Printed means here that Interrail/Eurail have to print them on a special ticket paper and have to ship them to you somehow :)

E-Reservations are done online (sended by E-Mail to you) and sometimes have to be printed (by your self at home) or can be shown from your mobile phone :)  this depends on the Country and train your are traveling on :)
Userlevel 2
Badge

Thank you Seewulf !!!

As we will be traveling for an extended period, sending paper to us will be counterproductive

I guess I’ll have to explore which trains to avoid. 

regards to all,

Glenn

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Eurail could send them to a Hotel/Hostel where you stay next :)
You can try to reserve when you are in Europe at a Ticket office. many countries are connected by a reservation system :)

In General the International TGV, Eurostar and Thalys are the most expensive reservation up to 56€ :/
Nighttrain reservation it depends on the comfort most expensive arround 150€ for a single sleeper with private shower and WC :) Single Sleeper means a sleep compartment for just one person :)