Solved

Problem booking seat reservation online

Hello everyone,

I won the interrail global pass (7 days of travel over a month) and I have problems to make seat reservations.

I plan to leave this summer from July 30th to August 15th from France to Germany, Poland, Hungary and finally Austria.

When I try to book my seat for the trip from Berlin to Gdansk by train on July 31st, on the interrail website it says for all trains: "Prices unavailable

No prices were found for this route. It is possible that seats for Pass holders are sold out. Look for another route or see "More Information" for other booking options. If Pass seats are sold out, you will need to purchase a full-fare ticket to travel on this train".

I would like to know if all the seats are taken (I would be surprised if this is the case since all the trains every day for several months show this)

I am waiting for your feedback 🙂

Thanks a lot

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 3 June 2022, 13:20

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Berlin - Gdansk is currently only possible at the ticket office. Maybe also in France, just ask. If not, then go to a ticket office when you get to Germany or call DB at +49 30 2970 and then collect it at a DB ticket machine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

And even IF in the highly unlikley case the train is ´full´-there are 4 or so direct (ditto with booking) trains B->Poznan → Warszawa-change Poznan for Gdansk- and get locally free seat-ticket at counter PKP.