Solved

Problem completing reservation intercity train italy

• 17 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Im having issues with completing a reservation, it appears that the website at different times keeps showing availability for an intercity train journey monterosso to milan centrale.

this shows on the website reservations page both as a 1017 train, and as a 1255 option.

But for both when I try to add to cart and then checkout, it wont go through on the checkout page. When i click accept terms of the fare, i eventually then get a red error message one of the legs cant be completed.

Other routes seem to complete  but at checkout ask for additional traveller information this route seems to not ask for (i wonder if this is why it bounces at checkout) of country and place of birth. But im keen to have only 2 transfers rather than 3 if possible

Is there a way to confirm if this route  is available to checkout or why an error appears?

Example of route (in this case IC 666 is the one I’m attempting to book)

Travel date 11/9/23

10:03

RIOMAGGIORE (Italy)

0h 14m

RE 22910

Regional

Show facilities

You're ready to board

Show all stops10:17

MONTEROSSO (Italy)

0h 16mChange trains

10:33

MONTEROSSO (Italy)

3h 25m

IC 666

Intercity

Show facilities

In your cart

RemoveShow all stops13:58

MILANO CENTRALE (Italy)

0h 45mChange trains

14:43

MILANO CENTRALE (Italy)

0h 39m

RE 25522

Regional

Show facilities

You're ready to board

Show all stops15:22

COMO S.GIOVANNI (Italy)

Total Amount

AUD $0

2 travelers

icon

Best answer by rvdborgt 17 June 2023, 05:05

View original

4 replies

Oebb.at shows tickets, but requires pickup from austria which im not passing through. Are there any other ways / options to book a intercity train through which knows im using a eurail pass?

I tried the trenitalia website but wasnt sure how to enter my eurail pass. It shows 76AUD for 2 tickets booking fee for the IC 666 vs 16AUD if i was able to do the eurail booking.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Oebb.at shows tickets, but requires pickup from austria

It doesn't if you only book the train that needs to be booked: the IC Monterosso-Milan. I'm not sure why it does so when you include the non-bookable regional trains.

Thank you , that tip worked perfectly ! Legit made my day thanks so much :) 

Im having issues with completing a reservation, it appears that the website at different times keeps showing availability for an intercity train journey monterosso to milan centrale.

this shows on the website reservations page both as a 1017 train, and as a 1255 option.

But for both when I try to add to cart and then checkout, it wont go through on the checkout page. When i click accept terms of the fare, i eventually then get a red error message one of the legs cant be completed.

Other routes seem to complete  but at checkout ask for additional traveller information this route seems to not ask for (i wonder if this is why it bounces at checkout) of country and place of birth. But im keen to have only 2 transfers rather than 3 if possible

Is there a way to confirm if this route  is available to checkout or why an error appears?

Example of route (in this case IC 666 is the one I’m attempting to book)

Travel date 11/9/23

10:03

RIOMAGGIORE (Italy)

0h 14m

RE 22910

Regional

Show facilities

You're ready to board

Show all stops10:17

MONTEROSSO (Italy)

0h 16mChange trains

10:33

MONTEROSSO (Italy)

3h 25m

IC 666

Intercity

Show facilities

In your cart

RemoveShow all stops13:58

MILANO CENTRALE (Italy)

0h 45mChange trains

14:43

MILANO CENTRALE (Italy)

0h 39m

RE 25522

Regional

Show facilities

You're ready to board

Show all stops15:22

COMO S.GIOVANNI (Italy)

Total Amount

AUD $0

2 travelers

It seems that despite the availability shown on the website for the 10:17 train and the 12:55 option, you encounter errors during the checkout process.

There could be a few reasons why you're facing this issue:

1. Technical Glitch: It's possible that there is a technical glitch on the website causing the problem. Website errors can sometimes occur, leading to issues during the checkout process. In this case, I recommend trying again at a different time or contacting the website's customer support for assistance.

2. Incomplete Traveler Information: You mentioned that other routes ask for additional traveler information such as country and place of birth during the checkout process, but this particular route does not. It's possible that this missing information is causing the error during checkout. Ensure that you have provided all the necessary traveler details for the journey.

3. Limited Availability: Although the availability is shown on the website, it's possible that the seats or tickets for this particular route are actually sold out or unavailable. This could explain why you encounter errors during the checkout process. Try checking for alternative dates or contacting the train service provider directly to inquire about the availability of the IC 666 train for your desired travel date.

To confirm if the route is available for checkout or to understand why the error appears, I recommend reaching out to the customer support of the website or the train service provider. They will have access to the specific booking system and can provide you with accurate information about the availability of the route and help troubleshoot any issues you may be facing during the reservation process.

Please note that as an AI language model, I don't have real-time access to specific websites or booking systems, so it's always best to contact the relevant customer support for the most up-to-date and accurate information regarding your reservation.